Hard drive failure?

FalseControl

Hello guys

So I just sold a PC. Worked fine ran some benchmarks and played some games to show the operation and no overheating. Guy takes it home and the next day says the hard drive is fried since it wont post. It was going to the motherboard loading screen but now its just a black screen. Has anyone had a problem like this before? I have had the system for 2 years and no problems and all the sudden hard drive is "fried"? What do you think?

The system going to a black screen doesn't mean the drive is fried. I would think it is something else going on. Best thing to do is take a look at it yourself or ask the customer if he can unplug the drive and see if the system posts. If it does, it is a drive issue. If it doesn't, then it is something else. 

It may even be something to save face and give him a refund and take the system back. But before you do that, you should take a look at it and see what the deal is. Make sure the customer hasn't done something first. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Yea he said he got it working and even played games off of it that day as well then the next day when he turned it on and boom problem started.

SO we figured it out. He was correct it was a bad drive.BUT! he was telling me the wrong thing! It was posting to the MB screen. But not moving past that. He told me it would just black screen. Just so others know. Thank you guys for helping BTW! I appreciate it!