Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ceza

Alienware sent me a used laptop

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently purchased an Alienware m15 R2 from Dell on January 30th, 2020. I received the package yesterday and the laptop wouldn't turn on. First I thought it was out of battery and charged it overnight. However, when I woke up this morning still nothing. So I went on the Dell Support site to report this problem but it said the warranty on the product ran out. I called them and they asked me if I was Benjamin because the laptop was registered to a guy name Benjamin. First of all, my name is not Benjamin and I could not believe the product was previously registered as I am pretty sure I did not pay almost $3000 for a refurbished laptop. Well, I do not know what to do and the Dell support staff does not either as I was transferred 8 times back and forth through technical support to customer support and back again... Any suggestions?

We cant do anything for you here. Your only approach is to contact them and state your ground

Get everything together, all your receipts and records of the transaction and present it.

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

10 minutes ago, Ceza said:

<snip>

Get in touch with Dell and show them your proof of purchase (recipts and records etc. as Slottr said)

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Posted · Original PosterOP
18 hours ago, Slottr said:

We cant do anything for you here. Your only approach is to contact them and state your ground

Get everything together, all your receipts and records of the transaction and present it.

Will do... 

Just never seen this before.