Best M2 at his price [500Gb Format]

MorderNo

Hello,

I'm currently building a new computer and I was wondering which M2 is the best for his price. In 500Gb Format

My build : 

Also : 

• Is it better to do 500-500 or should i gor for 1TB M2 ?
  • Is NVMe really needed ? 
  • Maybe I don't need that much of storage so if you help me for a good M2 maybe I ll just pick that... 

Thanks for your help experts ! :) 

5 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Is it better to do 500-500 or should i gor for 1TB M2

The value is basically the same, half the cost for half the space generally speaking.

5 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Is NVMe really needed

Not for a gaming PC.

This SATA m.2 is cheaper and still quite good

https://be.pcpartpicker.com/product/6j448d/western-digital-blue-500gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-wds500g2b0b

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Go for the most amount of Storage you can afford. There's an interesting video coming out soon from Linus about SSD's that you will want to watch. Or if you get Floatplane you can watch it now lol

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

19 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

im assuming you have a GPU allready? because otherwise this wont work. 

also you should probably get a 3600 instead as you are getting a third party cooler anyways. 

Is there brand or version to avoid ? 

Other to absolutly look for ? I've read that Samsung is overpriced and doesnt rules the market anymore (Well in marketshare maybe)

Just now, GoldenLag said:

im assuming you have a GPU allready? because otherwise this wont work. 

also you should probably get a 3600 instead as you are getting a third party cooler anyways. 

There is a deal for now to get the 3600X for 200€ but yeah still hesistate (It's only 15€ cheaper/)

And yeah i keep my old GPU until the 3000 series release

21 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Is there brand or version to avoid ? 

Other to absolutly look for ? I've read that Samsung is overpriced and doesnt rules the market anymore (Well in marketshare maybe)

Just look at the tier list, anything from tier C for NVMe and tier B for SATA would be solid option.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

12 minutes ago, Juular said:

Just look at the tier list, anything from tier C for NVMe and tier B for SATA would be solid option.

Ok so i'm going with  constantin M2 and your advice on MX500

Thanks to you guys (And you in particular @Juular) I think I have all the parts of my new computer. (Maybe switching for a 3600 but that's not a big thing). Now let's look all shop around belgium to get de best prices :) 

Thanks !!!!

11 hours ago, lee32uk said:

No use to the op as he isn't in the UK. The 970 EVO is well over budget anyway, and Samsung are overpriced regardless.

Yup you are not the first one to tell me that the samsung's are overpriced...

Going with the crucial MX500 + Adata S11 Pro