Fortnite Crashes/PC Freezing

jacob_samd

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KyNGGG

^^Here is the part list to the pc I am having troubles with. The whole pc seems kind of choppy at times it freezes up from time to time and then starts working all of a sudden again basically flawlessly. This is my dad's pc. He really enjoys playing fortnite still. Everytime he enters the game he gets to the beginning of the actual game...past the lobby and everything and it will all of a sudden crash and restart the whole pc. No overclock or anything. I updated the graphics drivers as well. Still same result. I also tried to reinstall fortnite and same issue. He has troubleshot some with some settings in game that he found online that claim to help. That still doesnt work though...

Running Windows 10 as well..debating on reinstalling windows...

Are you running any other programs while you are trying to run Fornite? Maybe like google chrome? background apps? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus Z170-Deluxe ATX LGA1151 Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2-2280 NVME & 1TB HDD GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB PSU: Corsair RMi 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34.1" Ultrawide Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower

21 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

How are the temps?  Has the system been cleaned recently?

It's all clean. Temps are as usual...

23 hours ago, BrygonSan said:

Are you running any other programs while you are trying to run Fornite? Maybe like google chrome? background apps? 

My dad normally does have internet up behind it... But even system usage is not high...nothing is capping out. It just started happening recently and nothing different than normal

1 hour ago, jacob_samd said:

My dad normally does have internet up behind it... But even system usage is not high...nothing is capping out. It just started happening recently and nothing different than normal

Have you made any changes to the graphics setting of fortnite? 

Maybe you can try few of the troubleshoots in this link. 

https://windowsreport.com/fix-games-crash-windows-10/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus Z170-Deluxe ATX LGA1151 Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2-2280 NVME & 1TB HDD GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB PSU: Corsair RMi 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34.1" Ultrawide Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower

On 2/14/2020 at 3:55 PM, BrygonSan said:

Have you made any changes to the graphics setting of fortnite? 

Maybe you can try few of the troubleshoots in this link. 

https://windowsreport.com/fix-games-crash-windows-10/

He has tried changing some of them to get it to work. However it often crashes before you can even monkey with settings...

UPDATE!!

I cleaned the PC and after doing some cpu benchmarks and gpu benchmarks, I figured out I had a graphics card problem. As soon as I started up furmark the PC would crash. I then changed the cable from the psu to the graphics card and so far it has been working! Thanks everyone for the ideas!!