Help with 5.1 audio system

chataza

So long story short i have had this Logitech 5.1 system for a while now and it is great, the thing is i have been using a super janky solution to connect it to my PC and PS4. This is how the thing goes 6 channel direct to an RCA converter, then it splits the RCA signal to two RCA to 3.5 mm jacks, one goes to my TV and then thru HDMI to my PS4. The other one (RCA to 3.5 mm jack) then goes to my PC thru a 3.5 mm hole in my keyboard, So basically a disaster. First this is shitty because it defeats the whole 5.1 thing cause it is receiving a stereo signal. My solution is as follows, from the 6 channel direct, split each one to two 3.5 mm jacks, then one end of each one connect it directly to the ports on my PCs audio ports, but then the problem is when i want to connect the others to my PS4, i was thinking an adapter from 6 channel direct to optical audio or something but i cant seem to find it, if someone can help find one or maybe have some other better solution i would really appreciate it. I am also attaching a sketch of what i wanna do maybe this helps :).

1018947925_audioproblem.thumb.PNG.af9ed6bbd36bc8045f8b2ae8039b3b80.PNG

While I’ve seen jankier I remain respectful of your jank level.   I actually kind of like it.  I’m looking at the diagram though which doesn’t seem to match the description.  Keep in mind 6 channel and 5.1 are the same thing.  The .1 just means the sixth channel needs its own amp.

5.1 is usually two channel. This 3rd wire confuses me utterly.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

While I’ve seen jankier I remain respectful of your jank level.   I actually kind of like it.  I’m looking at the diagram though which doesn’t seem to match the description.  Keep in mind 6 channel and 5.1 are the same thing.  The .1 just means the sixth channel needs its own amp.

the diagram is what i want to achieve, the other description is the one i have right now. to complete my diagram in real life i need a converter from 5.1 cables to digital so i can connect my PS4. Weird that that 3rd wire confuses you, they are different colors, green, pink, and black here is a picture (i know my cable management is on point). :) 

IMG-20200211-WA0047.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

First wire - Front left Front right

Second Wire - rear left rear right

third wire - center and bass (subwoofer) 

Maybe something like this would work for you

https://www.amazon.com/Decoder-Coaxial-Digital-Amplifier-Converte/dp/B072L3Z9TT

Doesn't have very good reviews but I don't see very many options in a reasonable price.