Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
williamcll

Now everyone is playing with cameras - Samsung galaxy S20 revealed.

1 minute ago, Mr. Smiley said:

No idea where you live. But where I live, anything in the $1000-$1500 price range is going to be a 20-30 year old pile of junk with body damage, rust, >200k miles, and going to cost more to keep it running than the car is worth. 

Its all depends on your area.

My current daily driver i paid around $1300-1400 for and its a 2007 that had around 80k miles on it. Not the prettiest by any means. It has been wrecked so the hood and bumper have been replaced with primer black ones. I dont have a driver airbag or ac. But as far as getting me from point a to point b it does great. Ive put close to 40k on it in a year and its still running perfect. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Smiley said:

No idea where you live. But where I live, anything in the $1000-$1500 price range is going to be a 20-30 year old pile of junk with body damage, rust, >200k miles, and going to cost more to keep it running than the car is worth. 

Still won't disagree that phone prices have gotten absurd though. 

I thought the same thing, you can pry my wired headphones out of my cold dead hands. Then I got a pair of Airpod Pro's to try out the hype. I won't be moving back to wired headphones for anything but my desktop any time soon. 

Well, if you live in Maine, my point probably doesn't apply. (Coast + Salt used on roads in Winter = much less car life.)  But you'd still be looking at 200k miles and about 20 years old for 1500USD in private party sales in a major brand, mid-trim model. However, they're still solid run-around cars if you know how to look for them. But with the Galaxy Fold launching around 2k, we're going to see 3k USD phones, in mass-market, in the not too distant future. Then we're well into the 10 year old, good quality, low-trim Used Car pricing.

Again, if you aren't in Maine. :)

13 minutes ago, Mr. Smiley said:

Still won't disagree that phone prices have gotten absurd though. 

I thought the same thing, you can pry my wired headphones out of my cold dead hands. Then I got a pair of Airpod Pro's to try out the hype. I won't be moving back to wired headphones for anything but my desktop any time soon. 

rYlZo8LNHUKaFsw5l4pa2J-uUQdlrB0Xly57RbFYTgnU8mVRzfPORt1Haxtwvpp_giVJkoWFKk_XaL7iRxwMVxcMDBVNqWng6S9sh3vJkMNmkZkWPGis9yNIdfLMLNEyvIey29hoe2OGQgSGKYCkve8gW_B2d9oB0rfbux3dvXeh8nX5zTK34pSYGQ7mfAa-3uzYHJqdDKyNIKmZU4ZXwwmBr3m8XGW7ycTFO7Nxs8v_WqL9mKzawCf7wBT4UryarPu4BvwSujUHc8WVcDuJhjZ6Vpwrs1LObnAK9ecbtk3w1zw7Rwa0kUaWfDU5Fmq_ifyT5YObXoVGSEwEjWFe_scgWaI8oZ9Kk92xxDL-5ITP_nrtDp7HE6EiekjtqJ7mN1TG5q9_Z0UXnw_4tyzo05u73G5NpIgbawwPV7mHJ6pnBTRGk1L56ULQRdigZhXoaAty0emc966uYo9SZMHXarmuYbkPD_vZ6gUwrh0JsXXgTYcom6BUhcH3QuMn2-XgHhXFDc7irG81CI0a8vjN2px69JwQGpzeaBz9_9aE9fHTb-oq83wvTSgp1xU7XyL5BCtYkaxWi6lk7vfAGgVidRTkG-gIqDbkjGGtB3SQc6PrqR-c2emzmS8rZG8C57ZPou1DsjInO6it7bRwqgbvgW5kulRtYjwlTqlcT5z5LskyblHKVoAHP_w=w703-h937-no

much cheaper, doesnt need to be charged, probably sounds better. now why would i want to get an airpod pro?

Thats really exceptional, I'll look forward to it. 

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

much cheaper, doesnt need to be charged, probably sounds better. now why would i want to get an airpod pro?

One big feature: Noise cancellation. Super fantastic on the new noice-cancelling airbuds (in general probably but I've only tried the AirPods). I dont even need earmuffs using the lawnmower anymore, just use the AirPods, they really are quite good - better than my Sony headphones by far (although mine are fairly mid-range). 

7 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Thats really exceptional, I'll look forward to it. 

One big feature: Noise cancellation. Super fantastic on the new noice-cancelling airbuds (in general probably but I've only tried the AirPods). I dont even need earmuffs using the lawnmower anymore, just use the AirPods, they really are quite good - better than my Sony headphones by far (although mine are fairly mid-range). 

noise cancellation/isolation also leads to a smaller sound stage thats why i opted for open headphones but what does it have over something like the dt 770 pro or custom one pros then? and even with the open back if i have my music turned up unless im at a concert or something i cant really hear anything around me and people need to yell to get my attention

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

noise cancellation/isolation also leads to a smaller sound stage thats why i opted for open headphones but what does it have over something like the dt 770 pro then?

I haven't tried the DT 770 Pro. My advice always with headphones/earphones is to try them out, everyone likes different eqs. I don't think any brand is better than any other. AirPods for me sound great, very convenient and the noise cancellation really is impressive. The DT 770 Pro may be better sound quality, but I think the AirPods are definitely more convenient - or quite rather a different product for a different situation.

8 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I haven't tried the DT 770 Pro. My advice always with headphones/earphones is to try them out, everyone likes different eqs. I don't think any brand is better than any other. AirPods for me sound great, very convenient and the noise cancellation really is impressive. The DT 770 Pro may be better sound quality, but I think the AirPods are definitely more convenient - or quite rather a different product for a different situation.

the thing is unless you are working at a construction site if you have music on it should drown out any noise so i think active noise cancellation is a bit of a gimmick for most people. and i personally dont think the extra convenience isnt worth the extra cost and worse sound especially when i dont consider it to be more convenient when you consider the fact they have to be charged.

32 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

rYlZo8LNHUKaFsw5l4pa2J-uUQdlrB0Xly57RbFYTgnU8mVRzfPORt1Haxtwvpp_giVJkoWFKk_XaL7iRxwMVxcMDBVNqWng6S9sh3vJkMNmkZkWPGis9yNIdfLMLNEyvIey29hoe2OGQgSGKYCkve8gW_B2d9oB0rfbux3dvXeh8nX5zTK34pSYGQ7mfAa-3uzYHJqdDKyNIKmZU4ZXwwmBr3m8XGW7ycTFO7Nxs8v_WqL9mKzawCf7wBT4UryarPu4BvwSujUHc8WVcDuJhjZ6Vpwrs1LObnAK9ecbtk3w1zw7Rwa0kUaWfDU5Fmq_ifyT5YObXoVGSEwEjWFe_scgWaI8oZ9Kk92xxDL-5ITP_nrtDp7HE6EiekjtqJ7mN1TG5q9_Z0UXnw_4tyzo05u73G5NpIgbawwPV7mHJ6pnBTRGk1L56ULQRdigZhXoaAty0emc966uYo9SZMHXarmuYbkPD_vZ6gUwrh0JsXXgTYcom6BUhcH3QuMn2-XgHhXFDc7irG81CI0a8vjN2px69JwQGpzeaBz9_9aE9fHTb-oq83wvTSgp1xU7XyL5BCtYkaxWi6lk7vfAGgVidRTkG-gIqDbkjGGtB3SQc6PrqR-c2emzmS8rZG8C57ZPou1DsjInO6it7bRwqgbvgW5kulRtYjwlTqlcT5z5LskyblHKVoAHP_w=w703-h937-no

You dont have to though. Just use a usb c to 3.5mm jack.

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

the thing is unless you are working at a construction site if you have music on it should drown out any noise so i think active noise cancellation is a bit of a gimmick for most people. and i personally dont think the extra convenience isnt worth the extra cost and worse sound especially when i dont consider it to be more convenient when you consider the fact they have to be charged.

It's definitely not a gimmick, there is a huge difference, I'd encourage you to go to an Apple Store or reseller to try them out. You really dont have to think about charging these products at all, especially when they can charge wirelessly. However, everyone has different ways of listening to music and keeping with the old tech is certainly fine. I wouldn't go out and buy AirPods if you already have acceptable headphones for what you do, and for sure they are for different uses. You wouldn't work out or go for a run with headphones or take them to work. Likewise AirPods Pro are not really applicable for a desk setting or studio. 

5 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

You dont have to though. Just use a usb c to 3.5mm jack.

i dont like carrying around dongles and i dont want to worry about losing them

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It's definitely not a gimmick, there is a huge difference, I'd encourage you to go to an Apple Store or reseller to try them out. You really dont have to think about charging these products at all, especially when they can charge wirelessly. However, everyone has different ways of listening to music and keeping with the old tech is certainly fine. I wouldn't go out and buy AirPods if you already have acceptable headphones for what you do, and for sure they are for different uses. You wouldn't work out or go for a run with headphones or take them to work. Likewise AirPods Pro are not really applicable for a desk setting or studio. 

i already dont hear anything outside with my headphones on and playing music so how do i not hear anything more? like i said if you are at a construction site or somewhere really loud sure there would be a huge difference but in everyday life i dont think so

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

i already dont hear anything outside with my headphones on and playing music so how do i not hear anything more? like i said if you are at a construction site or somewhere really loud sure there would be a huge difference but in everyday life i dont think so

I just don't think you can jump to that conclusion without trying them, like I can't comment on the sound quality difference. Simply turning up the volume is just not the same as noise cancellation. 

7 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I just don't think you can jump to that conclusion without trying them, like I can't comment on the sound quality difference. Simply turning up the volume is just not the same as noise cancellation. 

i never tried the airpods but i tried bose headphones with active noise isolation that are probably better than the airpod's and i dont really notice a difference when theres music on. and plus theres a slight buzzing/hissing sound that i dont really like when the music is off

Apple really have to step up this year or else they will be struggling quite a bit with their iPhone business! 

CPU: i7-9700K OC @ 4.9 GHz 

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm 
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F 
RAM: Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance 

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB 
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB 
PSU: Corsair RM750X 
Monitor: ROG Swift PG278QR G-Sync 165Hz 

48 minutes ago, ne0tic said:

Apple really have to step up this year or else they will be struggling quite a bit with their iPhone business! 

There are rumors of a bigger than usual update this year, but even if not, I'm not sure that Apple would have to.

Remember, Samsung has no equivalent to the iPhone 11 this year; if you want a Galaxy S phone under $1K, you have to buy an S10.  Apple is still believed to be working on an iPhone 11-like model for 2020.  And while Samsung is big on the zoom capabilities of the S20, it's not clear it addressed the quality issues that left the S10 and Note 10 trailing phones like the iPhone 11 Pro and Pixel 4.  Even if the "iPhone 12" costs $749 or $799, it could scoop up a lot of people who would've previously bought an S10e or regular S10.

1 hour ago, ne0tic said:

Why?

Theres one thing apple has that no other company has. And thats iOS. 

Specs on paper only mean so much if the os its used on is poorly optimized. 

Mrwhostheboss did a video comparing the iphone 11 max to the s20 and most use cases will be ran faster on the iphone 11 despite not having as beefy hardware. And thats with the s20 coming out much later.

The cameras i cant comment on because tbh the cameras on my note 9 are more then enough for anything i would do. To me adding 5 cameras with xx megapixels is all just a waste of my money.

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

If I were gonna ditch the headphone jack, I'd be fine with wireless over ear headphones as long as I could take it apart and find a replacement battery, but airpod pro or wireless in ears have to be charged quite often and once the batteries are dead they go in the trash.

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

Why?

Theres one thing apple has that no other company has. And thats iOS. 

Mrwhostheboss did a video comparing the iphone 11 max to the s20 and most use cases will be ran faster on the iphone 11 despite not having as beefy hardware. And thats with the s20 coming out much later.

The cameras i cant comment on because tbh the cameras on my note 9 are more then enough for anything i would do. To me adding 5 cameras with xx megapixels is all just a waste of my money.

The S20 is way ahead of the iphone 11, plenty of people look into specs these days and a zoom camera or a 120Hz display could be a selling point.  I probably won't upgrade from an S9 though cuz it does everything I need it to, no headphone jack is disappointing and I'd rather not have to use a dongle.

To me those "comparison" videos are mostly BS, unless you have each phone side by side you're not really going to notice app opening or switching times, even midrange phones are more than fast enough for daily use.

20 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Maybe optimize your OS

When I wake up and look at RAM utilisation in the past 3 hours on my phone with android 10, RAM utilisation on average was at 4.8GB out of 6GB (5.8 usable) with OS/google or android processes utilising about 3.6GB (total). You know something is up when you have a lower RAM utilisation on windows 10 with a few things open.

Also, FB messenger is one hungry bugger, 700 frigging MBs of memory utilisation ?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

25 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Who cares about the OS?! No one should care about using Windows on everything from potato to power plant! 

/s

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

42 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

When I wake up and look at RAM utilisation in the past 3 hours on my phone with android 10, RAM utilisation on average was at 4.8GB out of 6GB (5.8 usable) with OS/google or android processes utilising about 3.6GB (total). You know something is up when you have a lower RAM utilisation on windows 10 with a few things open.

Also, FB messenger is one hungry bugger, 700 frigging MBs of memory utilisation ?

A lot of that are apps suspended in ram. Windows kinda does not tell you how much data is "cached" as it shows it as "free" some times, due to the OS being able to make it available if nothing is using it. Where as Google allow apps to be more strict/greedy and keep that cach locked/open and not free for other apps to use. Hence the "shut down apps I'm not using" option in utilisation/settings in Android to free it back up if the app really is not using that cache. (AFAIK, I might be a little off on it, but Windows Does "Cached/available/free")

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

If I were gonna ditch the headphone jack, I'd be fine with wireless over ear headphones as long as I could take it apart and find a replacement battery, but airpod pro or wireless in ears have to be charged quite often and once the batteries are dead they go in the trash.

The S20 is way ahead of the iphone 11, plenty of people look into specs these days and a zoom camera or a 120Hz display could be a selling point.  I probably won't upgrade from an S9 though cuz it does everything I need it to, no headphone jack is disappointing and I'd rather not have to use a dongle.

To me those "comparison" videos are mostly BS, unless you have each phone side by side you're not really going to notice app opening or switching times, even midrange phones are more than fast enough for daily use.

Spec wise yes its ahead.

But it was a comparison of him using them side by side. 

My point has nothing to do with what is or isnt powerful enough. I agree that most people dont need high end specs for daily use.

My point is that specs on paper when it comes to iphones vs android is pointless because the os are totally different and ios is much better optimized. If someone wants to say "the iphone 11 only has 4gb of ram and the s20 has 12gb so its better" they are wrong. The video showed the iphone 11 performing with the s20 dispite the specs. 

The reason i bring that up is because the person i quoted was saying apple better have something big to combat samsung. They dont need to have something big because they already have it. Its ios.

sexy sexy sexy, i wanna lick it. this ad isn't like those ads where they have a bunch of random people jumping and dancing with some iphones with different colors flashign past the screen w/o information and like a bunch of people doing whatever for fake diversity so apple gets accepted, this ad is like actually explaining what it is. I'll buy one if it's less than 850$ hopefully for non ultra

1 hour ago, redbread123 said:I'll buy one if it's less than 850$ hopefully for non ultra

Galaxy S20, which retails for $999 

Sauce

Problem with that

Edit: Should point out im sure this is USD

yeet!

I want the Galaxy S20 Ultra soooo bad... But it's way too expensive and I am very satisfied with the Galaxy S10.

The cameras are the main selling feature if you ask me. It seems like such a massive upgrade, and if Samsung can make the post-processing work well then they will undoubtedly be the king of phone cameras. The hardware is just so much better than anything else on the market right now.

I’m happy with my phone, don’t need it to do all of that. 

System Specs:

CPU:  Intel 8700K (3.7-4.7GHz Turbo)  GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Ti DUAL OC MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus   RAM: Corsair 3000MHz 2x8GB(16GB)  CPU Cooler: Kraken X42 AIO  Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Z  SSD: OCZ ARC100 480GB  HDD: Western Digital 1TB Black, Seagate Barracuda 1TB both 7200RPM, WD Green 2TB (storage)  PSU: Pro750W XFX 80 Plus Gold  Case: NZXT H500 Optical Drive: -

19 hours ago, redbread123 said:

sexy sexy sexy, i wanna lick it. this ad isn't like those ads where they have a bunch of random people jumping and dancing with some iphones with different colors flashign past the screen w/o information and like a bunch of people doing whatever for fake diversity so apple gets accepted, this ad is like actually explaining what it is. I'll buy one if it's less than 850$ hopefully for non ultra

You do know that phones are meant for everyone, not just white men, right?  And that Samsung has plenty of promos with that "fake diversity" you hate so much?  For example, its Galaxy Buds+ ad:

I don't want to diverge too far from the topic, but I have to call out this crap.  Samsung, Apple and other companies are selling products to the whole planet, not just a tiny sliver of it, and their ads should reflect that.  Yeah, it's great that the Galaxy S20 Ultra video is more informative than a 'lifestyle' ad, but that's not practical for a 30-second TV spot and definitely shouldn't be used as fodder for an anti-diversity complaint like yours.

Seriously, I think the S20 line has some impressive features, but if I were deciding on a phone right now I'd get an iPhone just out of spite for what you said.