(update: announcement) Another year of the snapdragon - Mi 10 pro announced

williamcll

Update: can handle 8k30 FHD+@90Hz, Pro version supports Power delivery 4 for 65 Watts, standard base model is 3999RMB (573 USD) and pro base model is 4999RMB (716 USD)

image.png.f03fb34b4bb7b3ff725341b38bb610a7.png

Using the 865, with ~905 single and 3400 multi it is ~15% faster than the Kirin 990, Exynos 9820 and snapdragon 855+ on Geekbench 5 or ~20% from the 855, also featuring the 108 Megapixel camera from the CC9/note 10. Supplies are however strained due to the current viral outbreak limiting factory production.

Xiaomi has now confirmed that it will announce the Xiaomi Mi 10 (and likely also the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro) at an online-only event aimed at China on February 13. Then, following that, the phones will get a global launch at MWC 2020 on February 23 - it's here that we're first likely to get hands-on with them. This is no surprise, since the Xiaomi Mi 9 debuted at an event in China in early February 2019, before being announced for the global market at MWC 2019. In terms of price, we haven’t heard much so far, but we wouldn’t expect the Mi 10's cost to be much different to the Mi 9. Therefore we’d expect it to be available for roughly £500 / $650 / AU$950 depending on storage size options.

One leak has given Chinese prices of a 'Pro' version of the phone, suggesting it'll cost 3,799CNY (about $540, £400, AU$780) for 12GB RAM and 128GB storage, and then will go up in increments all the way to 4,499CNY (around $640, £500, AU$930) for 512GB storage and the same RAM. Chinese prices rarely reflect accurate release prices in other parts of the world though, so don't take those costs as gospel. Saying that, some of the rumored specs are a lot more impressive than the Mi 9, so we could see the cost creep up somewhat.

it seems there’s set to be a Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro coming along too. Both phones are said to have 6.5-inch 90Hz screens, so the Pro isn’t positioned as a ‘Plus-sized’ alternative, and they even apparently have the same 4,500mAh power pack, so they won’t be too different. There’s one big difference: while both are supposedly set to have the Xiaomi Mi Note 10’s 108MP main camera, the Mi 10 Pro is said to have that joined by a 48MP, 12MP and 8MP array, while the base Mi 10 is said to have a 20MP, 12MP and 5MP array, which is a little more middling. We don’t know the specifics of any of the lenses though.

The charging speeds could be another big difference, as the Xiaomi Mi 10 is said to have 40W fast and 30W wireless charging, while the Mi 10 Pro apparently has 66W fast charging and 40W wireless powering. The standard Mi 10 is also said to have 10W reverse wireless charging, and we'd expect the Mi 10 Pro would have this feature as well.

All that said, another Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro specs leak conflicts with the one above, stating that the phone has a Snapdragon 865 chipset, 16GB of RAM, 512GB of storage, a 5,250mAh battery, a 6.4-inch 1080 x 2080 screen, and a quad-lens camera with 108MP, 16MP, 12MP and 5MP sensors.

Source: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1196607

https://c.mi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2869921

Thoughts: Interesting phone, but I would wait for later models with more better gaming optimization.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Will there be T version? Like 9T? I'm having 1 right now and I'm loving pop up front camera

On 2/11/2020 at 10:29 PM, TempestCatto said:

Anyone else bored of all these phones? Seems like the same boring thing all the time. I'm holding out for the day we can have something like a Threadripper in a mobile SOC.

Yes, but it's not a bad thing, phones are evolving, quite fast actually, 20% in a year is a lot imo. We could of course make 5% jumps for 5 years and then go 100% up if you prefer, but I don't think the SOC speed has been that much of an issue for quite a long time.

The camera review from DXOMark is out.

Overall score - 124

Photo score - 134

Video score - 104

Not sure I agree with the scores though. The photos looks nice, but they seem too sharp (as in, there is a lot of sharpening being applied which causes artifacts at the edges of objects).

-= Topic Cleaned =-

Stay on topic, political conversation is not allowed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER