Normal for Pixel 3a?

AYDANN6ix9ine

So a little over two weeks ago, I got my first smartphone, the Google Pixel 3a off a great Amazon deal. I love the experience but I wanted to see if the personal issues I have with this phone are actually an issue or just normal. Are these typical for this phone?

1) Battery Life. I feel the battery life is a little underwhelming but maybe it is normal. I keep my phone at about 90% brightness and on normal tasks like social media, texting, and web browsing, the battery drops 1% almost every 4 minutes.

2) Crashing. Every now and then, my phone will just freeze up on Chrome or when I am multitasking with tabs. I have to turn it on and off to remedy this.

I still have a two week return window so if these are issues on my specific phone I could get a replacement. Thank you for any insight.

1 hour ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

So a little over two weeks ago, I got my first smartphone, the Google Pixel 3a off a great Amazon deal. I love the experience but I wanted to see if the personal issues I have with this phone are actually an issue or just normal. Are these typical for this phone?

1) Battery Life. I feel the battery life is a little underwhelming but maybe it is normal. I keep my phone at about 90% brightness and on normal tasks like social media, texting, and web browsing, the battery drops 1% almost every 4 minutes.

2) Crashing. Every now and then, my phone will just freeze up on Chrome or when I am multitasking with tabs. I have to turn it on and off to remedy this.

I still have a two week return window so if these are issues on my specific phone I could get a replacement. Thank you for any insight.

You really should lower the brightness down or have it set to auto, in a well lit room my iPhone never exceeds 50%.

How many apps do you have open at once in the background?

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

And your iPhone is a Pixel 3a?

Different Phones = different Displays.

50% on your phone can be 90% on his ?

Pixel 3a Display brightness hits around 400 nits on max brightness.

Most iPhones hit 620-700~ Nits.

Anyway: Since it's crashing, which is NEVER normal, you should replace it.

7 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Anyway: Since it's crashing, which is NEVER normal, you should replace it.

I think since I have two more weeks I will wait a bit to see if the crashing continues. But I think the battery is normal. Thanks.

Chrome crashing seems to be a problem with Android 10 itself, I have a problem with it crashing too. Have to turn off and on again.

Edit - On a Nokia 6.1 Plus with Android 10.

Been an owner of the 3a since close to its launch. Battery... I never worry about it on normal apps assuming you charge daily, although I'd give it an ok for gaming.

Can't really comment on Chrome crashing as I don't really use it. I moved to Firefox Focus for better ad blocking. I haven't had any software or hardware crashes.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 2/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

I have a 3a.

Your battery life issue is actually fairly normal; brand new phones sometimes have a 'break in' period when it comes to Lithium, where you'll get pretty bad battery life for awhile. Some last a day or two, some as long as a week and others don't notice it at all. But after you use it and charge it and get somewhat on a schedule, the software will learn and adapt to your charging habits and it'll improve overall. Also, try toning down the brightness just a little bit, you do only have 3000 mAh to play with after all. I'd suggest using the adaptive display setting.

The freezing is another story, as I'm not sure what could be causing that. Perhaps uninstall Chrome and reinstall? Or go into the app and clear the cache and data.