Overwatch 2

GenericFanboy

Honestly it feels so much like a reskin and nothing else. Seems useless :/

But maybe i'm wrong! Maybe i missed something. Sorry if this is more fitting as a status update. I dont have a lot to say about it. But i do think its worthy of a discussion

The smart move would have been to call it overwatch chapter 2, like fortnite did. Same engine, same mechanics (with some added bells and whistles) same characters, same playstyles. It's really a DLC more than a sequel.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Its just a expansion pack you dont have to buy since its focus is mainly pve content and a free patch for overwatch 1

Quite sure we'd need to pay loads.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The smart move would have been to call it overwatch chapter 2, like fortnite did. Same engine, same mechanics (with some added bells and whistles) same characters, same playstyles. It's really a DLC more than a sequel.

Exactly, This'd be so much better. But eh. They wont.

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

I'd say 40-60

that is kinda a lot when you consider its kinda a remake of the same game........

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

that is kinda a lot when you consider its kinda a remake of the same game........

Exactly. Way too much even.

Just now, RejZoR said:

Still made by dumb Blizzard. I'll pass. In fact, I'll pass anything and everything they make. Damn greedy fuckers.

I sense a backstory. Tell us about it ;)

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

Exactly. Way too much even.

tbf, Bethesda got away with it. 

we all know people had Skyrim one way or another.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

tbf, Bethesda got away with it. 

we all know people had Skyrim one way or another.

Fair. But tbh this feels so much more blatant? The reskin isnt even that nice imo. Feels like they tried to make it as fancy as they could.

11 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Honestly it feels so much like a reskin and nothing else. Seems useless :/

But maybe i'm wrong! Maybe i missed something. Sorry if this is more fitting as a status update. I dont have a lot to say about it. But i do think its worthy of a discussion

What do you expect from a competitive game with a cartoony art style? it's not supposed to be demanding and there's only so much you can improve with that kind of art style.

Though I will say they have improved lighting and textures a bit, but adding more maps and modes isn't worthy of a "2.0" by any means, it's just a cash grab.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, GenericFanboy said:

But tbh this feels so much more blatant?

im sorry, the new water textures for skyrim kinda beats anything else. and Skyrim isnt even a continued service package of development. which is what overwatch is. 

From what I understand, OW 2 is done on a different / overhauled engine and the main difference will be more PvE. I'm curious to see what difference the new engine will make and what new things can be achieved with it.

Meanwhile regular OW is in a bit of an awkward spot because there won't be anything new added until OW 2 comes out which seems to be pretty far away. I still enjoy the game from time to time but I'm kinda burned out on it.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Just another scam. Only F2P game studios wants to keep their game alive. Dev team already make a billion and trying again with OW 2. Thanks to that, you have whopping 27 heroes to choose from the next season.

at the end of the day with OW2, if you only play PvP you don't need to buy it, as all the new features will be ported over.

This is effectively just the PvE side of overwatch, which up until now the archive events have covered. I think the price might be a little steep, but everything up until now with overwatch has been free, barring the blizzcon skins and mercy breast cancer skin, so I can understand from a business perspective why they would want to charge for what will hopefully be an entirely complete campaign with additional features that just PvP overwatch won't have.

In another discussion I've had, it appears from the outside that blizzard might eventually replace lootboxes with a system like riot have with blue essence and riot points, where OWL tokens may be renamed and become the in game purchaseable currency, and the gold you get will be what blue essence is in league. This would allow them to sell more premium skins, emotes and other cosmetic items directly, instead of opening loot boxes and hoping to get the skin, or enough coins to buy it. This method, which is used by riot, epic and others will protect actiblizz from any further lawsuits revolving around gambling with loot boxes.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

after the China debauchery everyone seems to have forgotten, I'll never purchase/play any other games from Blizzard until/unless they chenge their stance.