Hobby Home Server - transfer speeds

So im transfering a 7gb file from my home server (an old hp compaq 8200) to my main rig (see signature)

Im seeing that - my internett is the bottleneck. Task manager says both machines use 100% of the internet speed while transfering.

Is there a point to buying 10gig lan adapters to the PCes? Wil it help ?

image.png

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Yeah if you put 10 gig adapters in both machines and run a 10gig capable cable you should see a pretty good performance increase.

That would be pretty expensive tough. In your screenshot it only takes a minute anyway.

How often does this happen? Is the faster transfer of files essential to your workflow? How much money is your time worth? 10G cards are upwards of USD120, cabling isn't that much more expensive but a 10G switch is.

Think carefully before shelling out for something that happens just occasionally or doesn't impede your workflow in any meaningful way.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Thanks guys, then i wil not be opting for 10gig.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S