The most noobiest quiest you've read allday

CicxHedge

Greeting, 

I need some advice, My core business is based off of 3 different applications in which we have designed custom proprietary tools.  These applications need to be running 24/7 more than 250 days out of the year and would only be for internal employees. I currently run these apps on a laptop that's  having trouble loading all the processes at once due to cpu limitations. I want to invest in a server but my question is how would it work? Would the server have the apps installed on it and would employees who need to view the information need to remote access via Virtual desk interface ( FIG 1 ) or would it be more efficient to display the data on a web server with logins something like ( FIG 3 )? Thank you in advance, I have not been able to find any information regarding this online.  Below I have attached some images of what would need to be viewed on multiple pc's.

FIG 1:    This is 1 off 3 applications that would need to be viewed by multiple pc's

799914814_2020ATAS2.thumb.PNG.658fca1ca03ce61e354b15291441ee0d.PNG

FIG 2:     Im currently using just email alerts to employees but with upgrading to a server would non admin users be able to view the app in FIG 1 and actually 

be able to interact with it?

1037877140_2020atasalerts.thumb.PNG.3f06d143d67b53786b5d7e58b3f6ebc8.PNG

FIG 3 

165636386_ScreenShot2020-02-11at1_21_07AM.thumb.png.84da6d9e463c31e023eaf03243761a04.png

1481654095_ScreenShot2020-02-11at1_20_28AM.thumb.png.b8acce5a691f95f58442372bfb921287.png

Thanks again for any help regarding this. 

32 minutes ago, CicxHedge said:

Would the server have the apps installed on it and would employees who need to view the information need to remote access via Virtual desk interface ( FIG 1 ) or would it be more efficient to display the data on a web server with logins something like ( FIG 3 )?

It's not really possible for any outsider to tell you what would be most efficient for your employees -- well, unless you wish to hire someone as a consultant and come over to handle things --, you have to figure that out. That said, did you consider that you don't have to do just one or the other approach, but you could implement multiple approaches simultaneously? Besides which, I think you should talk with your employees as to how they wish to be able to interact with your apps and what they think would be most efficient for them.

Once you know what you want, you can then come here and ask how to implement it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

One additional advise I'd give you: if the tools and their availability are that important to your business, host the services required from a data centre, not on your local network connection. The hosting provider can set you up with a VPN service to securely access data by your employees.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

9 hours ago, CicxHedge said:

I currently run these apps on a laptop

9 hours ago, CicxHedge said:

I want to invest in a server but my question is how would it work?

Wouldn't that be, the same way it works currently?  I imagine you'd just forklift all of the dependencies onto a server environment.  Since the apps are proprietary there's like, nobody that can offer you meaningful advice other than those who created the app (developer) and those who use the app (you).

You'd be much better off getting a consultant to help you.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C