Which benchmark tests can I run that are real-life like to test a 3950x???

Windows95

Im gonna buy a 3950x built and i would like to test temps. GPU will be RTX 2080 super GB OC 8GB

What do I mean by real-life like, is, tests that would stress the computer in a way that you would encounter during gaming, making music, video editing... I dont believe Prime95 and Aida64 etc are realistic for instance. Those give you ridiculously high temps, I dont think you would face those temps ever during normal usage.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

blender, ffmpeg, compile with gcc, 

but are there any actual software that emulates those use cases so i can just press play and get a benchmark and a score?

22 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

but are there any actual software that emulates those use cases so i can just press play and get a benchmark and a score?

Blender is an actual productivity workload, you are just downloading premade blends with the Blender Benchmark suite created by the Blender Foundation to exhibit the capabilities of Blender and test which parts are best to use with Blender which is a multifaceted program that can be used from everything to 3D modelling, to MRIs, to video editing, and much much more. (Here are a couple prominent titles that have utilized or are utilizing Blender in their production: The Man in the High Castle, Neon Genesis Evangelion3.0+1.0.)

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

I usually run cinebench r20 just to check and it usually does a good job of stressing thr CPU. If it can handle that it usually is fine in the other stress test I use. The opposite is not true though. I have had many time where an overclock was stable in prime95 but crashes in cinebench very quickly. 

15 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Blender is an actual productivity workload, you are just downloading premade blends with the Blender Benchmark suite created by the Blender Foundation to exhibit the capabilities of Blender and test which parts are best to use with Blender which is a multifaceted program that can be used from everything to 3D modelling, to MRIs, to video editing, and much much more. (Here are a couple prominent titles that have utilized or are utilizing Blender in their production: The Man in the High Castle, Neon Genesis Evangelion3.0+1.0.)

Can I run blender becnhmark for free?

7 hours ago, Windows95 said:

Can I run blender becnhmark for free?

Blender is open source and free, and always will be, the benchmarks can be found here. And if you wish to investigate more, the Blender software can be found here. And if you really wish to just crush your processor just for the insanity of it, just quote me again and I can send you a blend file I made that will pin your system for days. (do note this file is estimated to take my 1050 500+ hours to render, and requires a minimum of 20GB of RAM.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Blender is open source and free, and always will be, the benchmarks can be found here. And if you wish to investigate more, the Blender software can be found here. And if you really wish to just crush your processor just for the insanity of it, just quote me again and I can send you a blend file I made that will pin your system for days. (do note this file is estimated to take my 1050 500+ hours to render, and requires a minimum of 20GB of RAM.

Im not planning on blowing up my new build. However something interesting I saw on this site https://opendata.blender.org/

is that the 3rd GPU fastest is the 2080 RTX SUPER, faster than Ti and 2080... this makes no sense. How can Super be faster than Ti? Isnt the Super series basically a revision of the original 2080?

11 hours ago, Windows95 said:

Im not planning on blowing up my new build.

Ok, it won't blow up your build, just pin it at 100% for several days.

11 hours ago, Windows95 said:

However something interesting I saw on this site https://opendata.blender.org/

is that the 3rd GPU fastest is the 2080 RTX SUPER, faster than Ti and 2080... this makes no sense. How can Super be faster than Ti? Isnt the Super series basically a revision of the original 2080?

If I had to take a guess, it would probably be the increased memory bandwidth the 2080 Super has over the 2080 Ti as the 2080 Ti has 14GBps of memory bandwidth and the 2080 Super has 15.5GBps.