Chinese charged for Equifax breach and 80% of economic espionage cases

justpoet
1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It really, really isn't. China State Digital Espionage, especially for business IP, has been a problem for 20+ years. Governments lie all of the time, but it doesn't mean China doesn't use stealing R&D as a State Policy. Because it is. The fund a digital army and use it constantly. 

Maybe it's because companies are getting too complacent with the patent/TM/CR system. The main issue might be that the US is always selling to the lowest bidder rather than finding efficient ways to keep things competitive among only the more "ethical" markets. 

Also, next time my grass is an inch taller than community guidelines I'm blaming the Chinese for it. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3867285_cartoonshock_jpeg17bed8c9196b88a

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It really, really isn't. China State Digital Espionage, especially for business IP, has been a problem for 20+ years. Governments lie all of the time, but it doesn't mean China doesn't use stealing R&D as a State Policy. Because it is. The fund a digital army and use it constantly. 

China's only comparative advantages has been stealing R&D and bribing officials of other countries to sell out their own industries. It's worked great for Chinese officials and the non-Chinese officials that they bribed, but it's most of the reason we're edging toward Open Trade Wars. This is very real and has done extremely damage across the globe.

Things to keep in mind is that the US government are also doing espionage, arguably even more so than the Chinese (that we have solid evidence for).

US companies are also constantly stealing others' IP. I mean a few years ago Apple was found guilty of infringing on Samsung patents but Obama nullified the ruling because he thought it would damage the "progress of the US economy" too much.

The US has also been caught cloaking their own attacks as Chinese attacks. Let me repeat that, the US have been discovered to put blame on China (and Russia) for digital warfare. It is entirely possible than a cyber attack from "Russia" or "China" was actually the US all along.

This is why I say China has become a scapegoat and boogeyman. The US has been caught putting blame on China for attacks they themselves have done, and yet nobody even questions them because everyone is scared of China. Personally I am far more scared of the US government than the Chinese government, because we actually have a ton of evidence for the US doing horrible things and blaming others. We have a lot of evidence that China are doing bad things too, but the US have made a lot of unfounded accusations against China which makes me think they are either trying to distract people, or create an enemy out of China.

I see a certain amount of the complaining as an “ it all started when billy hit me back” problem.  Doesn’t mean it’s not one of course, and it doesn’t make it OK.  No one is absolved.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Things to keep in mind is that the US government are also doing espionage, arguably even more so than the Chinese (that we have solid evidence for).

The amusing thing with this is it either means the Chinese are better at it or the US is more guilty.    Not too many ways to split that cake to make it more palatable.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Although the news is somewhat tech related, this discussion has been pretty much entirely political, and not tech related. Because of a long history of political flame wars, political discussions aren't allowed here, so this topic is now locked.

HTTP/2 203