RX 5700 XT crashing

kibo_43

The conversation at hand is that OP clearly has an issue with their card or their drivers. Focus on offering suggestions to help fix that. Do not use this thread as an opportunity to argue over which team has the best/worst drivers or worst RMA rates etc. That isn't helping.

No trolling or flame-bait.

• This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:28 PM, kibo_43 said:

was having same problem. ryzen 7 2700x -xfx 5700 xt raw- gigabyte aorus gaming 5 MB...had a 650 BQ evga psu. it got to where it was even flickering and crashing in bios so i switched to two cables and that kinda worked. but started happening again. i  finally said screw it n spent 150.00 on an evga 850 GQ and put it in with single cable n so far everything is good.if it starts crashing again ill let you know.

mines crashing too. was flickering like crazy. couldnt hardly get in to windows. noticed my 3000 mhz ram was set to 2400 mhz .switched it to 3000 mhz and it stopped .not even gonna pretend to know why. maybe im just getting lucky atm and it will return.

Not sure how this thread got derailed to corporate conspiracy theories. Can we just try to fix this issue? I just bought a brand new gigabyte aorus 5700xt and I’m getting the exact same issue when putting the card under high gaming load. After a few hours of modern warfare warzone it crashes by entire pc to a green screen and force reboots. I know the gpu is at fault because my previous strix 960 that was barley able to run the game lowest settings at 60 fps never had a single issue. I’ve tried everything from undervolting to disabling a buunch of different settings, wiping drivers and everything. This is a brand new card that when it works properly can run the game maxed out brilliantly with over 140 FPS. How can you try and say that the driver issues are a narrative when countless people are having this exact issue. If you have nothing to contribute to actually solving the problem the kindly don’t reply.

Edit: forgot to mention, the system is brand new, purchased a month ago, 3600x with pbo on, Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz. Corsair 650x 80+ gold psu on a Asus b450-f gaming mobo. Not a single issue with the system prior to the gpu upgrade.

Edit2: I've now plugged in two separate Pcie 6+2 cables into the card as per someones suggestion, no change in the issue, exact same green screen to crash