My first build! Can't wait to build it later today!

stevierv1

I'm coming from an i5-6500, gtx 960 4gb that someone built for me. Can't wait to build this one by myself!!

Edit: I already have a 240gb ssd, that's why there is not any ssd in the picture or in the part list

8sgKqi0.jpg

Nice build, but it seems a shame that all that nice new hardware is going to be constantly choking on a spinning disk.

2 minutes ago, AaronThomas said:

Nice build, but it seems a shame that all that nice new hardware is going to be constantly choking on a spinning disk.

oh shoot i did not specify my mistake! I already have a 240gb ssd so i will use this one! The hdd is just for games and everything else! :)

I cant wait to see it done!

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage
    Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 PRO
  • Operating System
    WIndows 10 home

where are the sexy finished pics? You have had all week buddy - don't keep us hanging :)

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

i totally forgot because of school ahah! I just posted it! ;) 

looks nice specs, i think your storage is the thing that will slow it down. 

nvme M.2 for windows and a M.2 (nvme or Sata) or SSHD / SSD for other files and games etc.  old mechanical HDD is way out of date now, good for backup and storage, not so good for clean build, speed. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, Frayia said:

nvme M.2 for windows and a M.2 (nvme or Sata) or SSHD / SSD for other files and games etc.  old mechanical HDD is way out of date now, good for backup and storage, not so good for clean build, speed. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, Frayia said:

i don’t fully agree with hdd being already obsolete, but yeah it’s comming near the end. I will probably upgrade along the way!

do you have pictures and log of the build itself, will be interesting to see how it performs, i am looking at getting a RTX 2070 Super for next GPU. 

i currently run an i7 8700 CPU and not sure it will be enough to run a 2070 RTX, or if i should get the i9 9900K CPU first, then later upgrade the GPU. 

Hi again! So i sadly don't have picture of the building part, but you have seen the result! It was my first build so i was pretty stressed about it.While building i had some minor problem with the cpu cooler, and some small problem with the rf120 fan. The cpu cooler was a bit hard for a stressed first timer i did not put the bracket well and did not secure the cooler enough, it was a bit loose, but nothing dramatic. For the rf120, they are not that complicated if you are used to rgb fan, but for a first timer, jesus those instruction were bad, but like really bad so it took me waaaay too long to install them. Cable management was not that bad in the NZXT h500i, i think that the difficulties mainly came from the fack that i never did cable management in a pc. For the result, i really like the pc and the performance are awesome, especially if you come from a i5-6500+gtx 960. After messing around i've found that my cpu was running quite hot at idle (between 45-55c), after looking online i played a little bit in the windows power mode and it solve all my problem, now running at 36 average and this without tanking my gaming performance! For the videocard, it seems to have some coil noise, but nothing too loud, just a little anoying. the build took me a long time since i was really carefull and really slow, plus the fact that bios update gave me a bit of a headache. I started at 18 to finish at 2 in the morning. I really like the combo and i'm glad about the switch. To answer your question, the rtx is awesome for 1440p 144hz and i really recommand it. I don't know about you processor tho!

87375436_1474450386048241_3106524015263481856_n.jpg

This looks pretty decent for a first build and should be good performance with that nice GPU. 

Great job on your first build!

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage