Internal sound card with EQ SPDIF output

Gouen

Hi, just wanted to know if there is any internal pcie soundcard that provides ‘equalizable’ digital output through SPDIF so that I can feed it to my existing dac&amp stack?

Any input and suggestion is appreciated. It doesn’t need to be soundcard but it must be EQ-able digital output.

30 minutes ago, Gouen said:

Hi, just wanted to know if there is any internal pcie soundcard that provides ‘equalizable’ digital output through SPDIF so that I can feed it to my existing dac&amp stack?

Any input and suggestion is appreciated. It doesn’t need to be soundcard but it must be EQ-able digital output.

I believe you can do this with a Creative Labs Audigy or X-Fi series card, but you need to explicitly find a model with the SPDIF output, not just input.

image.thumb.png.63ddcd38b96033a1d82b55ec329e23c9.png

The above is from an X-Fi card.

12 minutes ago, Kisai said:

I believe you can do this with a Creative Labs Audigy or X-Fi series card, but you need to explicitly find a model with the SPDIF output, not just input.

image.thumb.png.63ddcd38b96033a1d82b55ec329e23c9.png

The above is from an X-Fi card.

Hi, thanks for the reply. This is really interesting.. I guess I’m only needing an SPDIF output because Im only consuming audio, I’m not trying to produce any.. I’m still looking into their Soundblaster Pro Studio to look for any solution towards that. I found that they have special feature such as Smart Volume (compression) and something called ‘Play stereo mix using digital output’ feature. Which allows us to add eq/effects into digital output. Do you have any experience with this and mind sharing some?

12 minutes ago, Gouen said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. This is really interesting.. I guess I’m only needing an SPDIF output because Im only consuming audio, I’m not trying to produce any.. I’m still looking into their Soundblaster Pro Studio to look for any solution towards that. I found that they have special feature such as Smart Volume (compression) and something called ‘Play stereo mix using digital output’ feature. Which allows us to add eq/effects into digital output. Do you have any experience with this and mind sharing some?

There is a compressor effect, but it's an on-off. The x-fi card does all this stuff in hardware IIRC. 

"Play Stereo Mix using Digital Output" is on the settings control panel and it directs audio out the S/PDIF when there is a S/PDIF connected.

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

There is a compressor effect, but it's an on-off. The x-fi card does all this stuff in hardware IIRC. 

"Play Stereo Mix using Digital Output" is on the settings control panel and it directs audio out the S/PDIF when there is a S/PDIF connected.

Guess I will just go give it a try. Thanks.