Questions about Samsung Q6FN For PS5

joev14

Hi all, 

I currently have a budget of $600 to put towards a TV. I plan on using it for gaming with a Playstation 5 later this year, and would like to make the best of my money. The Samsung Q6FN 55 inch comes with 120hz refresh, and 4K. (though I believe you can't do both at the same time). 

The refurbished version of this TV is currently available at Walmart for $500, with $50 in tax and another $50 if you want a 3 year warranty (which, at that price, seems like a pretty good deal to me). 

With the PS5 still not out, but on the horizon of release later this year alongside the Xbox Series X, I'm wondering if it makes sense for me to snag this TV now, or if Samsung will put out another better option that is still within my price range later this year to sell to people buying the new consoles. 

Some may suggest I merely wait until the PS5 comes out, but my concern is that the Q6FN will go up in price. In October it was $600, then went up to $700 in December, then back down to $500 this month. I'm slightly worried that I will miss my chance to buy it at this low of a price again, especially if other people are purchasing for their own PS5's. 

i'd go for it, even if the ps5 came out trash you could also go for a cheapo budget build and play on it

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

5 minutes ago, Srijan Verma said:

i'd go for it, even if the ps5 came out trash you could also go for a cheapo budget build and play on it

I already have a nice PC and do plan on connecting it to whatever TV I get. You make a fair point. I guess my biggest concern is that something leagues better will come out later this year at a much better price, and I'll be left feeling like I have old hardware. Think there's a good chance of that, or not likely? 

10 minutes ago, joev14 said:

I already have a nice PC and do plan on connecting it to whatever TV I get. You make a fair point. I guess my biggest concern is that something leagues better will come out later this year at a much better price, and I'll be left feeling like I have old hardware. Think there's a good chance of that, or not likely? 

High chance but the price will also match the greatness

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE