My psu makes loud noises sometimes

Zyb3rWolfi

Sometimes when I turn on ma pc,  loud af noise comes from the psu fan and it like a jet engine.  I do fix it sometimes by just stopping the fan and let it spin after a sec but does anyone know how to fix this permanently 

Lel

Which PSU do you have?

Can you record the noise you're referring to.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Which PSU do you have?

Can you record the noise you're referring

Good that I recorded it before to ma friend.  Forgot the psu name so I check that out later Cruz mostly ma pc was pee built

Lel

That sounds like the fan is dying. Dont know any way of fixing it without replacing the whole PSU.

3 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

That sounds like the fan is dying. Dont know any way of fixing it without replacing the whole PSU.

Might well be. I'd blast it with some compressed air, check for any foreign material, then go for an RMA, if you can. If it's a hardware issue, you'd be hard-pressed to find a diy solution, and it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Or, there's some pretty sweet noise cancelling headphones around ;)
Don't open it up to check btw, you could get a pretty nasty shock.

What PSU is that ? Chances are it's some cheap stuff with sleeve bearing fan, they die fast, you can try to fix it with some grease\oil (there should be an access hole to bearing chamber covered with sticker) or replace the fan or whole PSU.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

What PSU is that ? Chances are it's some cheap stuff with sleeve bearing fan, they die fast, you can try to fix it with some grease\oil (there should be an access hole to bearing chamber covered with sticker) or replace the fan or whole PSU.

It prob is cheap but I really don't mind as I'm egttin new psu in couple months but thanks for the suggestion

Lel

On 2/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, Redturtle098 said:

Might well be. I'd blast it with some compressed air, check for any foreign material, then go for an RMA, if you can. If it's a hardware issue, you'd be hard-pressed to find a diy solution, and it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Or, there's some pretty sweet noise cancelling headphones around ;)
Don't open it up to check btw, you could get a pretty nasty shock.

Pretty late reply but got a picture if the psubif it helps

20200216_175737.jpg

Lel

1 hour ago, AntDeGamer said:

Pretty late reply but got a picture if the psubif it helps

20200216_175737.jpg

That thing is absolute garbage.  

Only 228W on the +12V.

230V input only.

This thing should only be used as a door stop or flail.