Face unlock for apps?

Inkz

I have a original Pixel XL and I still love it a lot, but I just want a little bit more ram and faster memory so when I load games they don't take like a solid minute and then close the second I tab out. Anyways since I really love Pixels for software and their cameras, I really wanted to stay with them. However I see the 4XL doesn't have a fingerprint scanner. For unlock I don't care, but I loved it for gesture scoll down notifications, but more importantly I use fingerprint for fast logings to like into apps but I don't know if all those apps support face unlock. Would I have to manually enter a password since there is no fingerprint reader on Pixel 4XL?

only a small number of apps support face unlock (atleast from what i have used), most of them support fingerprints. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ditch the Pixels they have effectively gone the same route as iPhones in terms of choice taken away from the consumer.

Entry models have pathetic internal storage on top of no expansion slot. This means reliance on cloud storage and if you are not at home, you will consume data to upload and consume more data to download. And if you have no service, you are boned. Internal flash storage slows down as usage approaches capacity, which I believe is at least part responsible for your OG Pixel being sluggish.

No headphone jack because your choice dont matter

And now no fingerprint reader because your choice dont matter

Take your choice back and get something that fits the way you want to use it. Instead of caving in to conform to how others want you to use their phone.

Can you please address the OP's question instead of going on a tangential tirade?  (And, ironically, claiming that people should pursue freedom by being a slave to your personal tastes.)

9 hours ago, Inkz said:

I have a original Pixel XL and I still love it a lot, but I just want a little bit more ram and faster memory so when I load games they don't take like a solid minute and then close the second I tab out. Anyways since I really love Pixels for software and their cameras, I really wanted to stay with them. However I see the 4XL doesn't have a fingerprint scanner. For unlock I don't care, but I loved it for gesture scoll down notifications, but more importantly I use fingerprint for fast logings to like into apps but I don't know if all those apps support face unlock. Would I have to manually enter a password since there is no fingerprint reader on Pixel 4XL?

There should be apps that support face unlock on Android, but there won't be too many at this stage, unfortunately.  One of the things I appreciate about Apple's approach is that Face ID works everywhere Touch ID does, so banking apps and the like don't need significant updates to allow face-based sign-ins.

11 hours ago, Dropit said:

Applock or what are we talking about here?

Unlock for think like banking or credit apps, like they let you use finger login so you don't have to do a slow password. 

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ditch the Pixels they have effectively gone the same route as iPhones in terms of choice taken away from the consumer.

Entry models have pathetic internal storage on top of no expansion slot. This means reliance on cloud storage and if you are not at home, you will consume data to upload and consume more data to download. And if you have no service, you are boned. Internal flash storage slows down as usage approaches capacity, which I believe is at least part responsible for your OG Pixel being sluggish.

No headphone jack because your choice dont matter

And now no fingerprint reader because your choice dont matter

Take your choice back and get something that fits the way you want to use it. Instead of caving in to conform to how others want you to use their phone.

Hmm, I do think the Pixel phones have many faults. I don't like their low storag or things like that. But no one told me to use it, I loved my Nexus 6P and original Pixel because of their lightning fast updates and their comutational photography. I have a huge love of their specific processing as well as colors. I do wish they had a wide angle lens, but I would prioritize the main camera. Another issue though is a mobile game I play, Fate Grand Order is notorious for having for having long load times as well as not being as optimized for Android as IOS but I prefer Android. Newer phones can load it like twice as fast but it still takes a while. For headphone jack I want, but legit like every flagship phone even Samsung took away, I have just kinda accepted it at this point. If the cameras and software wasn't to my liking, I would gladly have chosen Asus ROG phone 2 or OP 7 pro. I think that they aren't necessarily trying to take choice away more of they see Apple doing it and they think it's the future. Again I don't really care besides if apps support it. Although Pixels had an exclusive scroll with feature you could do over the touch sensor.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

There should be apps that support face unlock on Android, but there won't be too many at this stage, unfortunately.  One of the things I appreciate about Apple's approach is that Face ID works everywhere Touch ID does, so banking apps and the like don't need significant updates to allow face-based sign-ins.

Yeah there is a lot of things I don't like about Apple, but I do like that when they make a change at least you know it will be supported.