Does my laptop support M.2 NVME?

Pulungrp1

All that aside, you'll get much more improvement just being on an 2.5" SATA SSD in your stanrdard drive bay if you want to avoid the question altogether for now.  The different between HDD and SSD performance is usually way, way more than the difference between your standard SATA SSD and an NVMe SSD IMO.

Though I admit I used to argue that I had NVMe so it had to be better.  I'm no longer convinced.  I see only a small gap between my NVME M.2 drive for OS and my 2.5" SATA SSD for games.

22 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

If they have any type of lookup system they should be able to verify the parts manifest of the laptop based on the serial or some other unique identifier (like Dell's service tag, for example).  Other than that, the actual OEM's support would likely have data we don't.

Is there any software that can verify the type of SSD slot for Asus ROG? 

Based on what I've found in support forums it seems like some versions of the model support SATA SSDs (as evidenced by lines in the spec sheets like SATA SSD (M.2. 2280)) while others support NVMe.  So, likely two models of motherboard.  Choose based on the decals on your computer chassis if they're there, or there may be some fine print on the PCB next to the slot.  You can also ask ASUS support.  Unless something changed they can look it up based on the serial number:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87498-asus-rog-gl552vx-m-2-SSD-support

I'm uncertain if there's software that would dissect the board's capabilities down to what type of M.2 slot it has.  Most are dependent on taking an inventory of what's in the computer right then.  For example, if there's an NVMe drive in the slot, it'll show it, and you'll know that it's NVMe.  Without something installed in it, it's just an inactive connector.

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

Based on what I've found in support forums it seems like some versions of the model support SATA SSDs (as evidenced by lines in the spec sheets like SATA SSD (M.2. 2280)) while others support NVMe.  So, likely two models of motherboard.  Choose based on the decals on your computer chassis if they're there, or there may be some fine print on the PCB next to the slot.  You can also ask ASUS support.  Unless something changed they can look it up based on the serial number:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87498-asus-rog-gl552vx-m-2-SSD-support

I'm uncertain if there's software that would dissect the board's capabilities down to what type of M.2 slot it has.  Most are dependent on taking an inventory of what's in the computer right then.  For example, if there's an NVMe drive in the slot, it'll show it, and you'll know that it's NVMe.  Without something installed in it, it's just an inactive connector.

Thank you very much for taking the trouble for my problem,

so you mean not both at the same time, for example, when I change the HDD to a SSD SATA 2.5 and use the SSD M.2 NVME at the same time ? I think it's a waste of money?.

Hmm... I think you're right, maybe tomorrow I will try asking at the Asus Service Center. 

Are they gonna check the slot by trying both SSD SATA and NVME? I hope it will be free

There is no drive limit in regards to your machine. Just the limit to how big the drives go. What they say on the site is what the machine comes with, not what it supports. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD