Can't change refresh rate to 144Hz

av28
Go to solution Solved by av28,

Never mind, its all good now, I just restarted my PC and I changed it to 144Hz with no problems

I just bought a Philips Momentum 272M8 144Hz monitor and I attempt to change the refresh rate, it comes up with an error saying "The display control panel is unable to change the display settings. You may not have appropriate administrative rights to change these settings."

No matter what refresh rate I attempt to change it to, it comes up with this error message.

I am the only person that uses this PC and my account is an administrator. My GPU is an RX Vega 56 that runs just fine.

Help is appreciated. Cheers.

System

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 (Re-flashed to Vega 64 w/ undervolt and OC)
  • RAM: Patriot Viper IV 3200Mhz CL16
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GAMING B550 
  • PSU: Cooler Master 750W MWE 80+ White

18 minutes ago, av28 said:

I just bought a Philips Momentum 272M8 144Hz monitor and I attempt to change the refresh rate, it comes up with an error saying "The display control panel is unable to change the display settings. You may not have appropriate administrative rights to change these settings."

No matter what refresh rate I attempt to change it to, it comes up with this error message.

I am the only person that uses this PC and my account is an administrator. My GPU is an RX Vega 56 that runs just fine.

Help is appreciated. Cheers.

Rather than assume I'm just going to ask, have you set the monitor to 144 Hz refresh through the controls on the monitor first? It shouldn't give you the option in the OS if you haven't, but just figured it was worth asking.

Never mind, its all good now, I just restarted my PC and I changed it to 144Hz with no problems

System

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 (Re-flashed to Vega 64 w/ undervolt and OC)
  • RAM: Patriot Viper IV 3200Mhz CL16
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GAMING B550 
  • PSU: Cooler Master 750W MWE 80+ White