CPU at 100% GPU at 18% In Gta V ultra settings with graphics mod. Does that mean cpu is bottleneck and i need new cpu?

WolfLoverPro

It runs gta at around 40fps dropping to 30 sometimes and on task manager my gpu is like 18% and cpu 100& constantly basically

CPU seems to be a bottleneck.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

9 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

we need specs. That sounds like a bottleneck to me though.

16 minutes ago, nick name said:

CPU seems to be a bottleneck.  

26 minutes ago, Rxkvn07 said:

give your specs either we cant tell u ...

I5 4690 ( NOT THE K VERSION

gtx 1060 6GB

8GB RAM DDR 3 1x stick

Friend of mine runs GTA V with much higher GPU usage. She has a 1050 ti and a 4570 so it sounds more like a software issue than bottleneck.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The CPU is quite weak in todays time, but i think your SINGLE stick of ram is more of a problem here. Get the same RAM stick, put it in and then try again.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

42 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

cpu 100& constantly

One core or all cores?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For GTA V you need fast memory, and dual-channel for sure.

But you're not telling that your memory is just at DDR3 1600CL10 or worse, aren't you? I've told you to get another stick, it's cheap.

59 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

For GTA V you need fast memory, and dual-channel for sure.

But you're not telling that your memory is just at DDR3 1600CL10 or worse, aren't you? I've told you to get another stick, it's cheap.

Are you meaning the form I said about ram? Yeah well i didn’t know what to do since some people said it won’t make a difference and some did. Plus my ram costs a lot for one stick I think it was £34.99 which for 1 stick of my ram is rubbish since it’s slow ddr3. Not expensive but bad value

14 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Are you meaning the form I said about ram? Yeah well i didn’t know what to do since some people said it won’t make a difference and some did. Plus my ram costs a lot for one stick I think it was £34.99 which for 1 stick of my ram is rubbish since it’s slow ddr3. Not expensive but bad value

Might be cheaper for two sticks of random ram than 1 more stick of the make and model you got.

Used ram is sometimes not the best solution as people often sell bad ram used, but if that can be avoided it might be a solution.  

in any case ram is probable bottleneck.  Do you need a new cpu anyway?  Different question.  Will you in the future?  Very likely if you want to play games that aren’t out yet designed for CPUs that have more threads than your cpu has.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Yes, some people told you the 4690 is too weak, it wouldn't have enough threads and so on. I did not.

One of the things I don't care about buying 2nd hand is memory - it usually survives every other component. I've got 16gb Vengeance 1600CL9 4x4 several months back for €45 with shipping already included, and Kingston HyperX 1866C10 2x8 for €40, about half a year ago.