Blender graphics cards

Nate Write

I am now getting into Blender and need a better Graphics Card. Any idea on where to find a decent graphics card with at least 1GB of ram and OpenGL 3.3 or higher?

I ment to say I have intel's built-in graphics not a dedicated graphics card. As for the price range, I just want the cheapest graphics card that will get the job done.

20200208_132946.jpg

1 minute ago, Nate Write said:

I ment to say I have intel's built-in graphics not a dedicated graphics card. As for the price range, I just want the cheapest graphics card that will get the job done.

20200208_132946.jpg

that system should play blender fine. Can you show a screen shot of the error?

Or try linux, linux seems to work better in blender.

imo any 2nd hand gtx750ti or 1050ti lol but don't listen to me i'm a newbie, nvidia works good with blender u can use the cuda cores option for fast gpu rendering.

I’d get a 1050ti for it. I use Blender quite a bit and it handles things pretty good, unless you start to work with a more RAM dependent scene.  They’re pretty well priced now (I was able to trade old components for mine, though that won’t work for everyone of course) and delivers about the same power as my 960 but with 4GB RAM vs. 2GB.

When you say it crashes, what exactly happens?  Do you run out of RAM perhaps?  If so, it might be be more worth upgrading to 16GB instead.  It may be slower rendering but at least you can handle a larger scene.

It has 2 or 3 PCI Express 3.0 slots; if that's any help.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:48 PM, Nate Write said:

My bad, I sent the wrong specs.

Ouch.  I would seriously look into a beefier CPU and more RAM before adding a GPU.  I'm 99.9% sure that the reason it keeps crashing is because of the extremely low RAM available.  What motherboard do you have?