Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ali Saihati

Monitor Won't Run on 1st Card SLI

Well did you end up making the other cars the primary?

Break the sli chain, move the monitor to the other card. Restart and apply sli again. 

Or keep it on the bottom card, prolly better off given the load. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone,

For some reason my monitor will only work on the 2nd card when running windows. The monitor will work on the 1st card during boot only or if I disable SLI. has anyone crossed such problem before? I've tried swapping the cards but nothing changed.

Note: the monitor used to work on the 1st card for a long time. All of a sudden, it'll only work on the 2nd card.

Omen HP 35 untrawide 3440x1440 34inch 100Hz

1080ti SLI

32GB 2133 MHz

1TB M.2 Samsung 960 EVO

iunno what to tell u man, if it works on the 2nd card it works and i'd just go with it

linus give tech tip

I have had issues with this in the past. It is kinda a weird way nvidia cards work. One card becomes the master and the becomes the slave. All display output is pushed through the master card. 

It is odd the first card use to work though.... I know it seems dumb. Have you tried to reinstall the drivers to see if it solves the issue?

Does this happen only once you get to windows but also in bios?

For years I have lived in these crystal lands. My people were once plentiful. Many of those in my fiefdom revered me. However, one day a calamity hit. The fingers of the devil plucked us from our land, never to return. Now I am the sole heir to the throne. I am Pickles, Lord of the Brine, One of the Jar, Man of Preserves and Last of the Condiments. 

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of your expertise." ~ Unknown
Hey, I am Lord Xeb from OCN!
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1070 Hybrid (2100c/2241m) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

Posted · Best Answer

Break the sli chain, move the monitor to the other card. Restart and apply sli again. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

Well poop. You just jogged a memory and I forgot about that. Good advice though!

For years I have lived in these crystal lands. My people were once plentiful. Many of those in my fiefdom revered me. However, one day a calamity hit. The fingers of the devil plucked us from our land, never to return. Now I am the sole heir to the throne. I am Pickles, Lord of the Brine, One of the Jar, Man of Preserves and Last of the Condiments. 

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of your expertise." ~ Unknown
Hey, I am Lord Xeb from OCN!
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1070 Hybrid (2100c/2241m) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

your a life saver! thx m8