Whats the best budget Tablet for school?

RonariX
Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

I assume you mean Digital Note Taking, instead using Paper + Pen?

iPad 7th Gen / 2019.
The 10,2" model.

32gb is fine, if you use it mainly for School, and don't mind backing stuff up from older years you don't really need anymore (like, you don't need to have teh stuff from the last 3 years on it).

Otherwise, consider 128gb, or even the iPad Air 3 with 64gb base model.

What the Air 3 does better than 10.2" iPad:

- Better Screen (laminated, wider color gamut (P3 instead sRGB), and true Tone support

- a good bit more Performance (A12 vs. A10 chip). Not really needed for pure Note Taking, but more future proof if you do more demanding stuff

- slightly bigger screen with 10,5". But same Case dimensions, except Thickness: Air 3 is thinner

- 7 MP Front camera vs. 2 MP

going for the 10,2" 32gb vs. Air 3 64gb (both base models) is perfectly fine.

When you go for the 128gb Upgrade, the price is not far away from the Air 3.

If you need Pressure Sensitivity: Apple Pencil Gen 1.

If you don't need that: Logitech Crayon

Don't bother with Android. It's not cheaper (you need one with digitizer like Samsung Tab S4/S6 with Pen), but way worse - because Android is not optimized for Tablets, and good note taking apps are really missing there. On Apple there's a bunch of really damn good ones (GoodNotes 5, Notability, Noteshelf 2, Notes Plus, ZoomNotes, Liquid Text/MarginNote 3, etc). Also, much longer Updates on the iPad.

Windows is an option (if you're fine with the writing there, and fine with MS One Note - which is the only note taking app kinda.)

But the Surface Go is slightly dated, and in terms of "everyday performance", it's a good bit behind even the entry iPad

Surface Pro models are very capable.

I would personally only prefer Windows here, if you "need" a full Desktop OS for x86 Applications. Otherwise for pure Note Taking: iPad > Everything.

Hello,

I'm going to need a tablet for school in 6 months but cant decide which.

I have not much money as I have to buy it myself and I need other things for school too?

So I want to know what is the best tablet for taking notes and doing other productivity focused things?

Ty :)

I assume you mean Digital Note Taking, instead using Paper + Pen?

iPad 7th Gen / 2019.
The 10,2" model.

32gb is fine, if you use it mainly for School, and don't mind backing stuff up from older years you don't really need anymore (like, you don't need to have teh stuff from the last 3 years on it).

Otherwise, consider 128gb, or even the iPad Air 3 with 64gb base model.

What the Air 3 does better than 10.2" iPad:

- Better Screen (laminated, wider color gamut (P3 instead sRGB), and true Tone support

- a good bit more Performance (A12 vs. A10 chip). Not really needed for pure Note Taking, but more future proof if you do more demanding stuff

- slightly bigger screen with 10,5". But same Case dimensions, except Thickness: Air 3 is thinner

- 7 MP Front camera vs. 2 MP

going for the 10,2" 32gb vs. Air 3 64gb (both base models) is perfectly fine.

When you go for the 128gb Upgrade, the price is not far away from the Air 3.

If you need Pressure Sensitivity: Apple Pencil Gen 1.

If you don't need that: Logitech Crayon

Don't bother with Android. It's not cheaper (you need one with digitizer like Samsung Tab S4/S6 with Pen), but way worse - because Android is not optimized for Tablets, and good note taking apps are really missing there. On Apple there's a bunch of really damn good ones (GoodNotes 5, Notability, Noteshelf 2, Notes Plus, ZoomNotes, Liquid Text/MarginNote 3, etc). Also, much longer Updates on the iPad.

Windows is an option (if you're fine with the writing there, and fine with MS One Note - which is the only note taking app kinda.)

But the Surface Go is slightly dated, and in terms of "everyday performance", it's a good bit behind even the entry iPad

Surface Pro models are very capable.

I would personally only prefer Windows here, if you "need" a full Desktop OS for x86 Applications. Otherwise for pure Note Taking: iPad > Everything.