HARD RESET Macbook Pro

Looking for help with my macbook. Here's the rundown - 

I had used bootcamp to partition my ssd so I could boot either MacOS or Windows. I've used it for a couple years just fine. Well I decided that I didn't need Windows anymore on it so using the bootcamp software I followed the instructions on removing the Windows partition. Thats when the partition failed and it's no where to be found. So my mac is showing that I have ~200 gigs of storage when I should have ~250. So after trying many many solutions found online all involving the disk utility and macs "first aid" and restoring from a backup and factory resetting... Macbook still shows 200 gigs. Does this mean the other partition is gone forever and corrupted?

Main Question- How in the fetch do I do a full on wipe of my Macbooks SSD. EVERY SOLUTION I FOUND, only involves using the disk utility to do it. I want my SSD to be 100% wiped and start over. The disk utility and first aid don't do squat. However, I need the solution to include how to then manually reinstall MacOS or else it does me no good. Thanks in advance for anyone who has insight for this problem. 

First of all, I would recommend making a macOS install disk.

Next, you'd probably have to boot into a Linux USB and use GParted to completely wipe the Mac SSD, and then you can use your macOS install disk to reinstall macOS on the blank SSD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Okay i'm working on the macOS install disk right now. 

One thing I didn't mention is that after trying a bunch of different things, I can't get my mac to do anything now. I was attempting an OS reinstall and for whatever reason my macbook won't make it past the install. i keep getting a screen that has a circle with a slash through it. Am I able to still somehow boot to a linux OS? Or is there another way that I can go about wiping the drive?

what macbook pro is it? a circle with a slash means that you tried to install a version of macOS that the macbook does not support.

so the version you used is either too new or too old to run on your macbook pro.

She/Her

GParted live - > https://gparted.org/livecd.php

When you mac starts up, as soon as you hear the chime, hold down the option key. This will give you the boot list.

Boot into GParted live, or a linux distro of your choice and open a partition manager of your choice, then create a new GPT partition table on the mac drive and leave the rest unformatted

Do the same to boot your MacOS disk.

If you get a circle with a slash through it, when your mac starts up. Restart it, and as soon as you hear the chime, hold down command + v. This will boot it into verbose mode, you should see an error somewhere specifying what went wrong.