3600x instead of 3600

Rumman

In my country ryzen's price is jumping day by day. In todays price it cost about 218 dollar. many importer (shop) says that the price will not going down in near future (approx about 2 months). So I made my choice to go with 3600x which is also available at market for about 260 dollar. 

Did I make the wrong purchase by going with 3600x for 260 dollar. (approx) 

My cpu cooler went 2500 to 2700 when in normal use. (while 40 to 50 c). Is it normal? How to control CPU fan speed from the windows?

I am using B450 an entry level board? Gigabyte B450M S2h, Should I overclock my R5 3600x?

20% increase seems a bit much for slightly higher clocks and a better cooler.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

5 minutes ago, Rumman said:

In my country ryzen's price is jumping day by day. In todays price it cost about 218 dollar. many importer (shop) says that the price will not going down in near future (approx about 2 months). So I made my choice to go with 3600x which is also available at market for about 260 dollar. 

Did I make the wrong purchase by going with 3600x for 260 dollar. (approx) 

My cpu cooler went 2500 to 2700 when in normal use. (while 40 to 50 c). Is it normal? How to control CPU fan speed from the windows?

I am using B450 an entry level board? Gigabyte B450M S2h, Should I overclock my R5 3600x?

There's not much difference between the 3600 and the 3600X. And yes you're getting normal temps. You can control your fan speed in the BIOS. I'm not sure if Ryzen Master has an option to change your fan speed in Windows, but do try and see.

Your temperature seems okay, but what cooler are you using?

In my experience, overclocking with Gigabyte low-mid range boards is kind of finicky. You might want to check a few overclock guides on Youtube who use the same board as yours.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

1 minute ago, Xiee said:

There's not much difference between the 3600 and the 3600X. And yes you're getting normal temps. You can control your fan speed in the BIOS. I'm not sure if Ryzen Master has an option to change your fan speed in Windows, but do try and see.

Your temperature seems okay, but what cooler are you using?

In my experience, overclocking with Gigabyte low-mid range boards is kind of finicky. You might want to check a few overclock guides on Youtube who use the same board as yours.

Stock cooler came with the box. And 3600 was not available in my country.

8 minutes ago, Rumman said:

I have a 3600X myself but I use the Wraith Prism I bought from a friend who has a 2700X. My temp floats around 40-45 on idle.

Just tweak your fan speeds in the bios if its sounding like a jet engine. When I first used the Wraith Prism on mine, it just went full blast on random intervals so I tweaked the fan curve in my bios. Download Ryzen Master as well. I think it has some settings for the fan speed.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

1 hour ago, Rumman said:

Well if it's not available the comparison doesn't matter.

You got a cpu and it's a good one.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x