Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexK78

Build for mostly 4K Editing, Occasional Gaming

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

He guys,

i came across this forum and i hope to get some help from you guys. I want to mostly do editing on this pc. And it should also be good in 3-5 years. I also want to do some occasional gaming like WoW.

 

So here is my PC Build: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xMK7Gc

 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xMK7Gc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate IronWolf Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: €1525.64
 

 

Is this any good?? Or where could i get cheaper parts without loosing performance?

Appreciate any help... thanks in advance

Alex

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your using pc part picker it should find you the cheapest part of what you want. Yeah this is really good. This is the optimal set up for both the things you want to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really enough GPU for 4k gaming and things are going to get worse over time.

If you don't mind dropping the resolution for gaming you will be ok.

 

I would not bother with the HDD since it will make the EVO pointless.

Get a 2tb SATA SSD and if you need more space later on get another one. They load Windows and apps fast enough and the overall system will feel faster and the EVO/HDD setup.


RIG#1 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair CORSAIR AX860W | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 38" 3840 x 1600 75hz


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti XC | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV  

 

Rig#3 CPU: Intel i7 6700k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC | PSU: EVGA 850 BQ| Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S | SSD: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 32" 4k 60hz 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, jones177 said:

Not really enough GPU for 4k gaming and things are going to get worse over time.

If you don't mind dropping the resolution for gaming you will be ok.

 

I would not bother with the HDD since it will make the EVO pointless.

Get a 2tb SATA SSD and if you need more space later on get another one. They load Windows and apps fast enough and the overall system will feel faster and the EVO/HDD setup.

What GPU would you go with if you wanted also the 4k gaming??

 

I picked thed HDD just for temporary local storage of large video files

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlexK78 said:

What GPU would you go with if you wanted also the 4k gaming??

 

I picked thed HDD just for temporary local storage of large video files

2080ti lol , theres nothing better 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexK78 said:

What GPU would you go with if you wanted also the 4k gaming??

 

I picked thed HDD just for temporary local storage of large video files

I use a 2080 ti for 4k gaming but a 2070 super would do for WoW.

 

The problem is over time games get harder. Already I can't play RDR 2 at 4k with a 2080 ti. I do play it on a 3840 X 1600 ultrawide monitor and average 72fps. So I have to wait for a RXT 3080 ti to get back to all games at 4k with all frames over 60. 

 

When I did video I used an old computer for storage networked the my editing computer. I don't do editing now but I use WD Passports for storage because they are cheaper then internal HDDs.

 

 


RIG#1 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair CORSAIR AX860W | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 38" 3840 x 1600 75hz


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti XC | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV  

 

Rig#3 CPU: Intel i7 6700k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC | PSU: EVGA 850 BQ| Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S | SSD: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 32" 4k 60hz 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AlexK78 said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xMK7Gc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate IronWolf Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: €1525.64

board is crap, get an X570-P if you want cheap or the TUF/elite instead. you can find a cheaper air cooler that'll perform better than the X52 like the Dark Rock Pro 4 or NH-D15. a corsair MP510 will perform just as well as the 970 evo and cost less. 750w is overkill for a single GPU.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×