so using a phone as an antenna does work

KylorLee

so i tried seeing if i raised my phone high into the air and it totally works it goes from 25 mbps next to my trailer to a cool 50 mpbs is there a way i can build a kind of poll i can raise and lower my phone into the air keep it charged and protected from the elements?

Just now, For Science! said:

Selfie stick and a zip lock bag?

PVC pipe and tape just need a way to build a 5G antenna or just use my phone as a 5G antenna cause i didint need to raise it that high either and i got my allmost my towns full speed in my rural area i live in

Yeah I have seen a documentary of that being used in the jungle... What is wrong with using antenna as antenna, then you don't need a power source outside. Don't you have a router that has SIM card slot?

Just now, RageTester said:

Yeah I have seen a documentary of that being used in the jungle... What is wrong with using antenna as antenna, then you don't need a power source outside. Don't you have a router that has SIM card slot?

i used my phone as the antenna to test my theory now i need to find a way to make an antenna or just use my phone as antenna but build like a box around it that wont hinder the signal hitting the phone also while keeping it charged and protected from the elements also able to raise and lower it like how a flag is raised and lowered into the air and back to the ground

Just now, KylorLee said:

i used my phone as the antenna to test my theory now i need to find a way to make an antenna or just use my phone as antenna but build like a box around it that wont hinder the signal hitting the phone also while keeping it charged and protected from the elements also able to raise and lower it like how a flag is raised and lowered into the air and back to the ground

think ill buy a flagpole and build some kind of box around my phone if i cant build a normal antenna and have like an extention cord with a charger and cable connected to it to keep it charged