Help Microphone Problem

Gideon Mathews

Hey I just built a new PC everything is fine but when I use my mic my friend can hear nothing but my fans he says it sounds like a car starting. Is there a way to fix it my microphone is perfectly fine I use it on my other PC and it's fine

On 2/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, ShearMe said:

you've checked the sound control panel settings? (type "mmsys.cpl" in the search bar)

Yes and it says my mic is making constant sound when I test it

On 2/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, ShearMe said:

you've checked the sound control panel settings? (type "mmsys.cpl" in the search bar)

I found out I have a mic Jack in the back and I plugged it in and it works! But it's a inconvenience and it bends my cord making me have to be closer to my pc

If you have a front USB port, just buy a USB audio adapter (costs about 10 dollars) and plug that into the front USB. That will bypass the problematic front 3.5mm input.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

27 minutes ago, AAJoe said:

If you have a front USB port, just buy a USB audio adapter (costs about 10 dollars) and plug that into the front USB. That will bypass the problematic front 3.5mm input.

Thanks but it's not really the answer I'm looking for I'm trying to fix the mic Jack not find a alternate solution hopefully I don't sound rude

@Gideon MathewsNo worries :) - To fix the problem you'll need to pop open your case and check the wiring. Make sure that speaker wire leading to the motherboard is not passing anywhere near your fans or high voltage areas of your PC. Re-route the wire or even try replacing the wire. 

90% odds are that your new rig simply doesn't have a good setup for front panel audio and there's nothing you can do to fix it. If you see any performance gain from moving the internal wiring you may have a glimmer of hope that getting a new wire may solve the issue.

At that point, of course, you can probably just buy the USB solution I suggest for the same price with a lot less hassle. 

I am fairly confident the problem here is hardware related though, so you probably won't find a software fix. Front panel audio is often just broken. If its software, I can't imagine what the issue would be, but a recording could help folks ID it.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

7 hours ago, AAJoe said:

@Gideon MathewsNo worries :) - To fix the problem you'll need to pop open your case and check the wiring. Make sure that speaker wire leading to the motherboard is not passing anywhere near your fans or high voltage areas of your PC. Re-route the wire or even try replacing the wire. 

90% odds are that your new rig simply doesn't have a good setup for front panel audio and there's nothing you can do to fix it. If you see any performance gain from moving the internal wiring you may have a glimmer of hope that getting a new wire may solve the issue.

At that point, of course, you can probably just buy the USB solution I suggest for the same price with a lot less hassle. 

I am fairly confident the problem here is hardware related though, so you probably won't find a software fix. Front panel audio is often just broken. If its software, I can't imagine what the issue would be, but a recording could help folks ID it.

The Speaker Wire it has a loose end right? Just asking since i think i might not of put it in......

3 minutes ago, Gideon Mathews said:

The Speaker Wire it has a loose end right? Just asking since i think i might not of put it in......

It should look like this 

l6YMI6T.jpg