Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RILEYISMYNAME

“Gaming Web Browser”… R U kidding me?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Opera GX is here. We've got gaming chairs, gaming glasses, gaming socks... and now we have a gaming BROWSER. It's the gaming product we didn't know we needed. OR DO WE? Because Opera has been kind of sketchy lately...

Product link:

https://www.opera.com/gx

Buy GAMING PRODUCTS

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/G2omO4

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/efVjuOE

4 minutes ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

We've got gaming chairs, gaming glasses, gaming socks...

Do we have gaming gloves yet for when my hands are cold because sometimes I insist on my apartment being a giant fridge? 

X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

Big Rig (Done) - (Main Rig) - i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz core/uncore - Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16 XMP - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA GTX 1660 Ti XC Ultra - MX500 1TB - 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

X58 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

whip and nae nae

GAYMER TIME

Got my gamer lightbulb, my gamer fuel, my PewDiePie gamer chair, it doesn't get gamerier now!

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it doesn't get gamerier now!

It'll get plenty gamey if you die ?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

That browser is ....another browser ..big deal :P

I use FireFox ..not Chrome ..because Google. ..nuff said.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |

great! i can kick back in my gamer socks in my gamer chair, and thanks to this gaming browser i can now keep my MLG status up while i browse for r34 smut!

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

Opera's PiP (Picture in Picture) was the first on market, but now Firefox also has it and it works pretty well. It lacks progress bar, but it works the same way in general.

I can see use in CPU and memory limiting when it comes to lower end systems where limiting matters because you don't have tons of cores and RAM to throw at it.

In general, I actually like the regular Opera, it's one of rare browsers where I only need 2 extra extensions. The rest is all built in, like add & tracking blocking, mouse gestures, powerful cookie control that also syncs rules across ALL synced systems, super useful currency and unit conversion just by highlighting etc. What I hate is how they have NOTHING on iOS that can sync. All you get is Opera Touch with its stupid My Flow thing, but but no bookmarks syncing. I mean, come on, whole point of browser on phone is to have access to ALL your bookmarks from PC. Without that, what's even the point of using Opera? I can just run Safari (or any other browser) and have same clumsy experience.

Watching this video while using Opera GX, with 250+ tabs open. The reasons I switched from Chrome are numerous, but the final straw was a UI update ~3 months ago that I just hated. Why I continue to use Opera GX, I use this system for a host of productivity workloads, some of them requiring a ton of tabs, or RAM and/or CPU hungry tabs that I can't afford to loose in the near future, and has happened all too often in the past with Chrome, which led to me spending hours recovering these tabs (and no Ctrl+Shift+T does not always work), as unlike Opera GX when you restart your system, the browser crashes, or you just need/want to free up some resources for intensive workloads,  the tabs are not automatically recovered, you need to press that button in the top right portion of the browser to recover your tabs, if Chrome feels so generous as to offer you the option to recover your tabs. Also for those of us plebs of us who only have on monitor, and want to follow a tutorial in a program such as Blender, and wish to watch that tutorial without distorting the UI of the program and interact with the program without the video disappearing, the pop-out video player is a Godsend. Also for those time that you want to boot into a game or go ham on productivity workloads and wish to keep your browser open without your tabs eating RAM and CPU (especially the latter) you just throw the RAM limiter to 1GB and turn on the hard limit and BAM! All your tabs are put to sleep in the same way as they are when you run out of RAM on Chrome, and the residual CPU usage is reduced to a mere 5% on my I5 2500, and I am just getting started.

Although I have to admit I missed the fact that they were purchased by a Chinese firm.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

" let you listen to your anime music videos while play COD"

well this is why I have two computers while i play one music other game so i don't run it on the same computer.

main HP prebuilt          win 7 old game               main laptop acer e5-15                    lenovo 11e chromebook 3rd gen (school) 

i5-3470                         intel i5 2400                                                                              intel celeron     

lenovo cih61m1m v1                   intel i3 7thgen                                     4gb ram

14GB ram             4GB ram                                     12GB ram                                        10gb ssd

500gb HDD           1tb HDD                                     1TB HDD                                          chrome os 

blu ray drive        dual dvd roms                              dvd rom

win 10                   win 7                                          win 10

case themaltake lan box  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang

OK, what's the joke with Firefox? 

I've been using it for years and love it. Are you Gen Zs going to let a Gen X in on it? 

So I've been using regular Opera for quite a while largely because of it's Built-In adblock and VPN and Flow feature (Send links between mobile and Browser). After seeing this video and doing some more reading however, I think I'm going to switch to Firefox. Seems like all features are still there, and the Firefox UI has seen a major update and basically looks like Opera now (Old Firefox was so 2010's).

I will say though that as @Wh0_Am_1 already said, I can see the productivity application of the CPU and RAM limiter, as stated in the video as well. And if you haven't already tried it, Opera Touch on mobile is so cool. It's very customisable, not at all "in-your-face" like other ones I've tried (*cough* Google Go *cough*), has a very modern aesthetic and an intuitive layout. It also takes inspiration from Opera Neon, that weird concept browser that sadly didn't go anywhere.

I am pissed there is not more modeling pictures on LTT store. I am not going to buy a single thing there until i see Anthony modeling stuff. He is more my size.

I have seen enough of Linus. bah.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:42 AM, RejZoR said:

Opera's PiP (Picture in Picture) was the first on market, but now Firefox also has it and it works pretty well. It lacks progress bar, but it works the same way in general.

Does it? I use Firefox for everything work related and Opera for personal use, and I often get irritated at Firefox for not having PIP and having to switch browser.

47 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Does it? I use Firefox for everything work related and Opera for personal use, and I often get irritated at Firefox for not having PIP and having to switch browser.

Few releases ago you had to manually enable it via about:config, now it's there by default. You get a blue icon on right edge of videos, upon clicking it, it throws video in a popup like in Opera. And it even works with Netflix unlike Opera which used to but doens't anymore.