Just bought an iphone 11

Letgomyleghoe

Hi,

It wasn't as much of an "oh look a cool iphone!" as much as compatibility with my workplace and price. my provider had a $15 a month deal with the start of a new line, so i cancelled my old one and started a new one, The rep also found a $200 mastercard incentive that is being shipped right know, and $100 rebate for accessories. So I walked out with an otterbox, tempered glass screen cover, and a wireless charger for $15 a month.

is there any fancy ios tricks i should be aware of?

so far ive been enjoying the switch from my moto E4, but getting used to ios has been a little tricky ?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

??

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Long time ago I had an iPod Touch which I Jailbreak and the experience improved drastically but I'm pretty sure iOS is far more feature rich nowadays to where that isn't necessarily.

It'll really just be a matter of getting used to it... but personally I'd avoid an iPhone for the sole reason of being forced to use iTunes to sync stuff from your desktop.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

What you see is what you get with iOS. Honestly, there really isn't much fundamentally different about Android and iOS these days with the exception of iOS being more restrictive with their permissions. So things that were possible on Android like caller ID apps or alternative home screens aren't possible, among others. But that aside, it's just another smartphone with the same apps.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

It'll really just be a matter of getting used to it... but personally I'd avoid an iPhone for the sole reason of being forced to use iTunes to sync stuff from your desktop.

They've moved away from that pretty much entirely. You shouldn't ever need to open iTunes during the course of phone ownership.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

They've moved away from that pretty much entirely. You shouldn't ever need to open iTunes during the course of phone ownership.

Oh that's great news!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I have the XR and I love it. The battery life is goddamn nice. I had a 6s before that - was good but even when brand new, the battery was "just barely sufficient".

Before that, I had numerous Windows phones (LG Expo/IQ - Windows Mobile 6.5, HTC HD7 - Windows Phone 7.x. Nokia Lumia 830 - Windows Phone 8.x/10). The old 6.x Windows Mobile was pretty crap by modern standards, but I loved the interface on Windows Phone 7/8/10. I still think it's a massive shame that it was killed off, and that we never saw wider app adoption (including all of Google's underhanded tactics like blocking Google API's for Microsoft apps and refusing to make 1st party ones, etc).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Long time ago I had an iPod Touch which I Jailbreak and the experience improved drastically but I'm pretty sure iOS is far more feature rich nowadays to where that isn't necessarily.

I rarely sync from my pc so this isnt a problem yet, but if I ever start doing that frequently ill just give it up.

and its decently feature rich, but I miss my clock and search bar home screen. the only widgets i can get are on the far right page, it has a special name i just cant remember it.

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I have the XR and I love it. The battery life is goddamn nice. I had a 6s before that - was good but even when brand new, the battery was "just barely sufficient".

thats one of the the reasons why I got a new phone, and particularly the iphone, I go camping alot and the extra battery life makes a hell of a lot of difference

my moto e4 was getting so difficult to re-charge id taken it apart, cleaned the port with alchohol and a lint brush and it still sucked, and parts are hard to find.

AMD blackout rig

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

What you see is what you get with iOS. Honestly, there really isn't much fundamentally different about Android and iOS these days with the exception of iOS being more restrictive with their permissions. So things that were possible on Android like caller ID apps or alternative home screens aren't possible, among others. But that aside, it's just another smartphone with the same apps.

yeah, I really miss my home screen on android, I also have a bunch of weird apple apps that I dont have a use for and i cant hide them in a carousel like I could with my android, so i just have a folder labeled junk for now, i might delete them later

AMD blackout rig

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

yeah, I really miss my home screen on android, I also have a bunch of weird apple apps that I dont have a use for and i cant hide them in a carousel like I could with my android, so i just have a folder labeled junk for now, i might delete them later

Pro tip:

1. You can move all apps off of the first home screen and leave it blank if you want - this is nice if you have a cool background you want to see a lot.

2. You can also just chuck all the useless crap (esp stuff you can't uninstall) into a folder, and put it onto the last page by itself.

If you have access to a Mac, you can use Apple Configurator to actually hide apps completely (they aren't technically uninstalled though) - this works for most apps, including some of the ones that can't be deleted. But honestly just chucking them into a folder is way easier than this. Apple configurator can also do a ton of other really interesting stuff - it's like the "entry level" management platform for iOS (before you get into paid MDM enterprise platforms like JAMF and Meraki).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Pro tip:

1. You can move all apps off of the first home screen and leave it blank if you want - this is nice if you have a cool background you want to see a lot.

2. You can also just chuck all the useless crap (esp stuff you can't uninstall) into a folder, and put it onto the last page by itself.

i moved all the stuff off the first page but moving all the junk to the last page is a good idea thank you 

AMD blackout rig