Ebay listing, Fishy?

I was going to get 2 Xeon E5-2690 v4's for a virtualized gaming server I'm making, and I found this Ebay listing. It seems sketch AF and none of the pictures add up, and the prices are wayy below other listings. Can anyone check this out further for me? thanks! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2690-v4-ES-QH2M-2-1GHz-14C-LGA2011-3-support-X99-i7-5820K-5960X/164057932122?hash=item26329d615a:g:iBQAAOSw4cBbklF8

3 minutes ago, cgavaller said:

I was going to get 2 Xeon E5-2690 v4's for a virtualized gaming server I'm making, and I found this Ebay listing. It seems sketch AF and none of the pictures add up, and the prices are wayy below other listings.

It's an engineering sample. They usually have lower clocks that the finalised chip.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

It's an engineering sample. They usually have lower clocks that the finalised chip.

Will the performance hit be substantial?

4 minutes ago, cgavaller said:

Will the performance hit be substantial?

Does a 500MHz lower base and boost clock sound substantial to you?

No doubt it will be slower. Just how slower I've no idea.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

A 3900x  is around 480$ and will be about 80-90% the performance of two genuine 2690 v4 processors, and won't require 2 coolers, power supply with 2 eps connectors, expensive motherboard etc etc

Just now, mariushm said:

A 3900x  is around 480$ and will be about 80-90% the performance of two genuine 2690 v4 processors, and won't require 2 coolers, power supply with 2 eps connectors, expensive motherboard etc etc

I want xeon's because I'm making a virtualized gaming server, like the "7 gamers one CPU" project for everyone in my family, and I need the cores to dedicate to each of the 6 VM's. I would never pick xeon's for a single gaming PC.

Well you shouldn't, it's stupid. You're gonna have 6 monitors and all people in the family in same room when they need to use a pc, or you're gonna waste money on long hdmi cables and usb cables for keyboards and so on....you're gonna have 6 video cards in one server running when only 1-2 members of your family actually use the computers ?

If you do decide...

The 3900x has 12 cores and 24 threads .. so split those 24 threads between 6 VMs ... you have 2 cores 4 threads per cpu

Those cpus have low base frequency at around 2 Ghz plus you'd have to spend more money on ..the 3900x has 3.6g base frequency

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Well you shouldn't, it's stupid. You're gonna have 6 monitors and all people in the family in same room when they need to use a pc, or you're gonna waste money on long hdmi cables and usb cables for keyboards and so on....you're gonna have 6 video cards in one server running when only 1-2 members of your family actually use the computers ?

If you do decide...

The 3900x has 12 cores and 24 threads .. so split those 24 threads between 6 VMs ... you have 2 cores 4 threads per cpu

Those cpus have low base frequency at around 2 Ghz plus you'd have to spend more money on ..the 3900x has 3.6g base frequency

Displays over ethernet with low-latency in home streaming with Parsec (Latency and compression isn't an issue, already tested), USB peripherals managed by https://www.usb-over-ethernet.com/ (and yes, I've tested it. It REALLY does work very well) , and thin clients around the house as clients for the server. Also a sort of Lan-center because all thin clients can be moved into one room easily for a lan party.

In the Cinebench R15 screenshot, "Your CPU" is listed as "Genuine Intel CPU 0000" in the listing it's "Xeon E5-2690" and in the two other screenshots it's an I7, and a "Xeon 2100".  If someone is that inconsistent, they either don't know what they are doing, or are trying to scam you, either way I wouldn't trust it.

14 hours ago, Robert314 said:

In the Cinebench R15 screenshot, "Your CPU" is listed as "Genuine Intel CPU 0000" in the listing it's "Xeon E5-2690" and in the two other screenshots it's an I7, and a "Xeon 2100".  If someone is that inconsistent, they either don't know what they are doing, or are trying to scam you, either way I wouldn't trust it.

ES processors have all sorts of readings. It's not unusual.

The seller has sold thousands of chips like it with all sorts of readings detected by monitoring software.