Weird question: Does screw placement matter? ?

GamerBlake

Like if I accidentally use my fan screws to screw in my PSU and my PSU screws to screw in my fans but everything is firmly in place and working does it really matter?

Or is there some reason I can’t think of that screws must be used on the product they came with? ? 

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

You can interchange some screws, depending on the use case scenario, but generally, fan screws use sharp threads that bite into the material, and you'll destroy the power supply's threaded holes. Also, I think they're too big anyway, so won't work. Screws used for the power supply are too short and fans are not pre-threaded, so even if the screws were long enough, you'd need a nut on the other side or other threaded material that is for that thread type.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, GamerBlake said:

Like if I accidentally use my fan screws to screw in my PSU and my PSU screws to screw in my fans but everything is firmly in place and working does it really matter?

Or is there some reason I can’t think of that screws must be used on the product they came with? ? 

fan screws are normal different. they got big threads on them. psu screws are the mid sizs screws and hhd/ssd/mb screws are the small screws but some mb and hhd uses the mid size screws.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links