Headphones Audio Quality

Rheostat.

When I use my headphones with my phone the audio quality is way much better then using my headphones with my laptop. So why is this?

"Don't turn it on, take it apart!"

- David L. Jones

Wired or wireless? If wireless, make sure you are using the stereo headphone option in the windows sound control panel (cannot use this option with microphone concurrently, currently in Windows).

As the others have said, this is totally normal if you're using a wire.

I had the same experience when I switched from iPhone to Android a few years ago. Apparently iPhones have some of the best DACs out there and I was unknowingly pretty spoiled. Shortly after switching to a Bluetooth set of headphones kind of negated all of that, though.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

It depends also on which headphones do you have. The Sony XM3 has horrible sound in wired mode.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 2/6/2020 at 1:31 PM, ShearMe said:

Wired or wireless? If wireless, make sure you are using the stereo headphone option in the windows sound control panel (cannot use this option with microphone concurrently, currently in Windows).

It's wired

"Don't turn it on, take it apart!"

- David L. Jones