10GB NIC so slow vs 1GB NIC (still slow but better)

ok so my fault. I thought I was transferring the data via the 10GB NIC but actually I was not. I was wondering why it looked pretty good there.

After my correction, and this time DEFINATELY transferring through the 10GB NIC and with the jumbo frames enabled on both ends, it is transferring at a whopping rate of... 120kbps

yup. Kilobytes

so actually worse with the jumbo frames enabled.

I would go with corrupted Windows install on the PC at this point...

That's when I'd do a fresh install on a spare drive, run that on the same PC and see if the problem can be replicated.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

nah, defo not corrupted thats for sure. I can replicate it on a different drive and same OS

You really should try to get iperf going.

Also, please try to boot Linux on your PC (live version, no need to install), and try how (if) it works there.

Another thing, after this, is to install Wireshark and do some dumps when trying to copy files over 10Gb link. Maybe that also shows something.

Thanks @Nick7 - I cannot believe we, as consumers, have to go through all this. 

Never used linux so not sure exactly where to go/how to do things.

iperf apparently is not available or possible on the DS1819+?

When something is not working out of the box.. it's harder with closed systems.

From quick glance on google, there are options to get iperf (actually iperf3) to run on Synology. Check yourself and see what seems easiest way for you.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I just ran into an identical issue

The resolution was to disable receive side scaling on the 10G NIC device settings in Windows, and then to enable flow control on the ports on the switch

Solves the problem entirely 

@Pancake there is no switch involvement here. It's direct from PC to NAS box.

The resolution here was that the NIC was overheating. I applied a bigger fan to the chipset/heatsink and problem went away and all has been well ever since.