Need Small, Budget GPU Recommendations

Vale88

Howdy, I have an old prebuilt computer with a small case and I can't seem to find a GPU online that will fit in it, the GPU will need to be about 7inches or shorter and work on PCIE 2.0 and a Legacy BIOS.

I'm hoping to stay under $150USD, and looking to be able to play games like Don't Starve, Subnautica Below Zero, The Long Dark, etc on Med/High graphics 60fps 1366x768

Here's the link to my PC where you can find all of my current specs https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03348828

10 minutes ago, Vale88 said:

PCIE 2.0 and a Legacy BIOS

10 minutes ago, Vale88 said:

High graphics 60fps 1366x768

These might prove mutually contradicting. Have you considered an nVidia Quadro K2000/K3000?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

These might prove mutually contradicting

are there cards that dont support bios?

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

are there cards that dont support bios?

Yup, one of the older AMD radeons were UEFI only

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yup, one of the older AMD radeons were UEFI only

yeah but a 10 series nvidia will and they're pretty common so i think he'll be ok as far as bios goes.

I think so long as you select a card that is the length of the pci-e slot then it'll definitely fit. something like a 1050 mini might work and be in budget

On 2/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, Vale88 said:

PCIE 2.0 and a Legacy BIOS.

Med/High graphics 60fps 1366x768

On 2/4/2020 at 5:23 PM, Radium_Angel said:

These might prove mutually contradicting. Have you considered an nVidia Quadro K2000/K3000?

Yeah maybe medium/high graphical settings is a little much for Below Zero and games like it for what I'd be able to get, but If I can get Below Zero to run at 60fps Low/Medium with a decent render distance, and for Don't Starve to actually run on my computer I'd be more than happy.

And I didn't even know what a nVidia Quardro K2000/K3000 was till now, I'll have to see what they go for these days, but they seem to be a little weak for what I was hoping to get.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, emosun said:

yeah but a 10 series nvidia will and they're pretty common so i think he'll be ok as far as bios goes.

I think so long as you select a card that is the length of the pci-e slot then it'll definitely fit. something like a 1050 mini might work and be in budget

A 1050 Mini would probably fit just fine, it just depends if I can find one for a reasonable price, I'll look more into the other cards in the 10 series and see what I can find that'll work.

Thanks for all the help!