Android Outlook App issue

Turbof1

Hello,

My neighbour came along today with a very bizarre issue: her outlook app on her huawei smartphone is showing 'inbox' on top of the screen regardless if she looking at her sent folder, trash folder, archive folder,... . For the record, the corresponding emails to the selected map are showing. It's just the title on top of the screen that is showing incorrect, which is a nuisance. The folder names are showing up correctly in the side menu.

We tried the following already:

-restarting the app

-deleting the app and reinstalling the app

-rebooting the device.

When applying any of these solutions, the folder titles will show correctly for a little while before this issue returns.

Is there a fix to this? Did anybody else encountered this?

Did you try signing out of all accounts on the device, then signing back in?

Edited by Lauren Harper

Just now, Lauren Harper said:

Did you try signing out of all accounts on the device, then signing back in?

When reinstalling the device got automatically logged out of the outlook account, and we had to sign back in. Does that count? There are no other accounts linked to that app. I don't think there are other accounts from different apps involved.

7 minutes ago, Lauren Harper said:

Are any other mailing or messages apps being affected?

Gmail was running on the background, but it did not have this issue. I force quite it. So it really shouldn't be interfering.

It's a really weird problem. If you restart the app, it works fine, but if you switch to a different app, leaving outlook running on the background, and switch back to outlook, the issue will pop up again.

Try clearing the cache and then terminate background processes. If that does not work, clear storage in the android settings. That will reset the app to factory defaults.You will need to set it up again.

12 minutes ago, Lauren Harper said:

Try clearing the cache and then terminate background processes. If that does not work, clear storage in the android settings. That will reset the app to factory defaults.You will need to set it up again.

I tried this. It did not work unfortunaly.

EDIT: we backchecked on a different device. Same issue. It's a problem with microsoft.

Worst case scenario, you may need to do a device refresh to clean everything up. Check Microsoft's Twitter or other social media accounts first to see if it widespread with other users. If it is, they'll issue an update pretty quickly. As it does not compromise security or integrity, they may see it as non-essential. I use Proton Mail, so I don't have a way to see what you're seeing.

Edited by Lauren Harper

16 hours ago, Lauren Harper said:

Worst case scenario, you may need to do a device refresh to clean everything up. Check Microsoft's Twitter or other social media accounts first to see if it widespread with other users. If it is, they'll issue an update pretty quickly. As it does not compromise security or integrity, they may see it as non-essential. I use Proton Mail, so I don't have a way to see what you're seeing.

Thanks for the help, Lauren.

I'm just going to assume this is a problem with Microsoft. The exact same issue on 2 different devices, it is going to be the app that is causing the problem. Now, it's not a critical problem. My neighbour can read everything just fine; just that the title of the mail folder is wrong. It's nothing more than a very small inconvenience, which I am sure microsoft will fix.

Glad to help. Microsoft is usually pretty quick about these kinds of things, even if they don't compromise security. Have a good day.

• 2 weeks later...