game level designer pc help

gixxer115

Hi guys,

my name is ronnie scofield, i used to own a computer repair sshop over here in the uk until i took in my 2 nieces :) due to taking them in and last year being diagnosed with a braid tumor i have been somewhat out of the computing businese. that being said i have now had my surgery but as you can imagine my brain is nowdays a little fuzzy and also as a result i also have now become deaf which really sucks as i dont know how to really enjoy watching linus tech tips now days :( i try using a text to speach but we all know how bad those are just as cortana, alexa or google home lol.

my dream prior to all my life changes was to become a level designer either professional or to cure the hobbiest inside me.

i saved for a long time to get the pc i now have only i dont think i took the step,

pc specs:

CPU, i9 9900k

GPU, RTX 2060 standard

MB, Gigabyte Z390 gaming x

RAM, Vengane LPX DDR4 2133 MHz x24GB

PSU, corsair 550w non modular

storage, 1TB Sabrent rocket nvme m.2

OS, windows 10 pro

Monitor, 1x Samsung 4k

my problem is it feels so slugish when im trying to work and or game its to a point where im struggling to have the drive to do it because it just don't feel smooth. i spent all i had on this system as you can imagine im not working atm so not sure if i can do any upgrades. but i would love any form of advice, help from you guys

please go easy on me im not trying to beg or anything im just clutching at strings.

my cinebench score is 4237 pts

ps ive cleaned the heatsink since taking this picture today :(

20200131_124656.jpg

Gpu is underpowered for 4k gaming and the memory is slow

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Maybe look into getting even a cheap air cooler, not sure how warm the i9-9900k gets off the top of my head but I'm assuming you'll want a better cooling solution for that processor.

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Maybe look into getting even a cheap air cooler, not sure how warm the i9-9900k gets off the top of my head but I'm assuming you'll want a better cooling solution for that processor.

thank you this is one thing i was worried about i was not prepaird for the cpu coming without a cooler, which is a real pain in the ass when you didnt plan for it,

Also take note of what was mentioned, specifically your graphics card as if you only have a 4k monitor, it's going to be TOUGH to play any games at reasonable frame rates. 4k gaming is asking quite a lot.

Try changing your screen resolution to 1920x1080 while gaming and see if that helps.

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

What games are you trying to play? what settings? 

games that i like to play are call of duty bo3 and newer, wow sometimes lol im a multi gamer as i enjoy sscouring games for cool ideas for my own work. on the new call of duty i get insane artifacts on my screen,

i think the hardest part is using things like Radiant black, unreal engine, stutering, 100% cps usage the ram makes sence as when i use a compiler it litteraly maxed out my ram