Anyone Yay or Nay about upcoming Fallout: 76 Wastelanders? I just want peoples thoughts

Moonllacer

Hey I just wanna know what you think the future of Fallout: 76 or even just Fallout in general like how the game is right now and some ideas

I've played a lot of New Vegas and 4, some 3, and I have 76. If they can do something to add some value to 76, I'm all for it. The game is a serious disappointment and I hope it isn't the end of the franchise. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

I don't think you're serious about that. I believe it'll be Fallout 76 Wastedmoney. BTW, I didn't even know they're optimistic enough to try again. 

Nay for Fallout 76.  Video game outrage usually seems overblown to me, but between the poor QI before release, inability to fix bugs after, and microtransactions taken to the extreme, no money should be sunk into this game.

The franchise is excellent.  It’s a fascinating concept that has repetitively been done well.  I was given to understand that the reason fallout76 was such a horrific mutant hellspawn was a bunch of stuff having to do with making paper checkboxes for financials people who knew and cared nothing about video games.  I suspect fallout 76 could be fixed.  It would require removal of a lot of the horrible crap that got added for that purpose and the reworking of some other stuff that got neglected so that garbage could be added.  If wastelanders is an attempt to do that it would be worth seeing.  The company expended so much public trust with the big sellout though that I’d have to see what it looked like first.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

If they can do something to add some value to 76, I'm all for it.

I don't think there's anything possible that they can do that will add value to the game. Certainly could subtract some value, however...

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

1 minute ago, weeblord said:

I don't think there's anything possible that they can do that will add value to the game. Certainly could subtract some value, however...

That would be negative value.  I paid 49.99 for fallout4 but the only way I’d play fallout76 as is is if it was free and even then I might not waste my time.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That would be negative value.  I paid 49.99 for fallout4 but the only way I’d play fallout76 as is is if it was free and even then I might not waste my time.

Knowing what I know now, having played the game a while and experienced the poor stability and server glitches, it would be a hard sell for anything over than free at this point. Heck, almost no one is ever on when I get bored and fire the game up, maybe a dozen people in an entire server.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

33 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Knowing what I know now, having played the game a while and experienced the poor stability and server glitches, it would be a hard sell for anything over than free at this point. Heck, almost no one is ever on when I get bored and fire the game up, maybe a dozen people in an entire server.

It could be turned into something fantastic though.  There are a lot of terrific assets there. 

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It could be turned into something fantastic though.  There are a lot of terrific assets there. 

I really hope in some future expansions there's the ability to go into vaults, that's one of the best parts of Fallout. If that functionality is added, and not behind a paywall or anything like that, I'd probably get into it.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Luckily Fallout will get better, if even just a little bit

Trailer: 

17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

You sir need to just play the game

18 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The franchise is excellent.  It’s a fascinating concept that has repetitively been done well.  I was given to understand that the reason fallout76 was such a horrific mutant hellspawn was a bunch of stuff having to do with making paper checkboxes for financials people who knew and cared nothing about video games.  I suspect fallout 76 could be fixed.  It would require removal of a lot of the horrible crap that got added for that purpose and the reworking of some other stuff that got neglected so that garbage could be added.  If wastelanders is an attempt to do that it would be worth seeing.  The company expended so much public trust with the big sellout though that I’d have to see what it looked like first.  

I hope so too but watch the trailer i sent

31 minutes ago, Moonlacer386 said:

You sir need to just play the game

But then I’d have to pay a fairly large chunk of money to even look at something many consider so bad as to be valueless.  It strikes me as a poor risk.  Someone will and will talk about what is there.

33 minutes ago, Moonlacer386 said:

I hope so too but watch the trailer i sent

Trailer talks about story changes.  The story as I understand was never the problem.  

23 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I agree that the franchise is excellent.  Maybe the game could be fixed, but even if it was that just reinforces the fix it after release mentality that has been so prevenlent in video game developers lately.  If they fix it, let it fail anyway, so they learn something from it.  This failure might help The Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5.

14 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

I agree that the franchise is excellent.  Maybe the game could be fixed, but even if it was that just reinforces the fix it after release mentality that has been so prevenlent in video game developers lately.  If they fix it, let it fail anyway, so they learn something from it.  This failure might help The Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5.

It’s an option.  Fix it after release isnt as good as make it right the first time but it’s better than leaving a piece of garbage as a piece of garbage.  The issue the industry is going to run into with fix it after release is people are going to avoid buying things until after they’re fixed.