Did I incorrectly test new hard drive?

Doge99

Hello 

I have brought WD My Passport 2620 2TB

And test the hard drive to ensure workingness of drive for a long time

But there were some problem that encounter during the testing of the drive

1. First, I test the drive using HDTune error scan and cancel the test due to overheating at 51°C at 730 GB inside the cupboard.

2. Second, it was Sunday and restart the test using HDTune. Everything was going well but Windows update destroy the whole testing procedure.

3. Third, I was worried about putting lot of read and drive, I started the test with Minitool partition wizard's "Surface tool". So I clicked the the drive partition (at this point and I made a mistake to click the drive not on the partition of that drive but the drive has only partition and realized the mistake after 3 hours after the tes has been begin if I am make a mistake please quote me). The test was completed, taking 8 hours and 10 mins at a speed of 3900+ MB/min at a temperature of 40-43°C (ambient temperature of 30°C.No error was found during the test .

I think I have put 3.25-4TB worth of testing data on the drive 

If any one know the endurance of WD My Passport 2620 please comment 

If i did anything wrong during this procedure again comment 

Thanks

You should not have to worry. A Reputable company such as WD has all of its drives tested and confirm to the specification they published. Typically, HDD can sustains lots of Petabytes (to some extent reaching Exabytes range) of read write operation before failing.

The only thing you should worry is sudden movement of the drive while the HDD is in operation.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

You should not have to worry. A Reputable company such as WD has all of its drives tested and confirm to the specification they published. Typically, HDD can sustains lots of Petabytes (to some extent reaching Exabytes range) of read write operation before failing.

The only thing you should worry is sudden movement of the drive while the HDD is in operation.

Thanks for showing interest in helping.

Should I perform a SMART test using data lifeguard by WD