Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xvaster

Question about a used nh d15

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

A friend of mine bought a used nh d15 from eBay 

 

The left tower seems somewhat rounded.. It’s normal? Or should he return the object and requesting a refund? (he got it for 45 euros)

https://imgur.com/Za2RHCl

 

 

Also he has a crosshair vi, which I think it support the am3 backplate, but he has the mounting kit of the am2, so he was wondering if he could mount it anyway, or he should get an adapter for am4 ; 

 

Also in case he could use the am2 adapter, since he hasn't a am2/3 backplate, he was wondering if he could use some screws/dices to hold it to the motherboard 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The heat sink is ok.

now about mounting it, i have no idea, maybe someone who knows can help you


CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

The heat sink is ok.

now about mounting it, i have no idea, maybe someone who knows can help you

Even if the left side is somewhat rounded than the right side?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Even if the left side is somewhat rounded than the right side?

yes


CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Xvaster said:

A friend of mine bought a used nh d15 from eBay 

 

The left tower seems somewhat rounded.. It’s normal? Or should he return the object and requesting a refund? (he got it for 45 euros)

https://imgur.com/Za2RHCl

 

 

Also he has a crosshair vi, which I think it support the am3 backplate, but he has the mounting kit of the am2, so he was wondering if he could mount it anyway, or he should get an adapter for am4 ; 

 

Also in case he could use the am2 adapter, since he hasn't a am2/3 backplate, he was wondering if he could use some screws/dices to hold it to the motherboard 

Owners of Noctua CPU coolers* can obtain the NM-AM4 Mounting-Kit free of charge via -----> read more ---> https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nm-am4-mounting-kit

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fin being a bit bent isn't going to make a noticeable difference. It can be easily bent back.

Crosshair VI boards are AM4 and you can't use the same AM2 / AM3 mounting hardware.


If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The fin being a bit bent isn't going to make a noticeable difference. It can be easily bent back.

Crosshair VI boards are AM4 and you can't use the same AM2 / AM3 mounting hardware.

Yes, but the ch vi has also the am3 holes for the backplate.. 

So The backplate holes for am3 and am2 are the same or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AZ Hobo said:

Owners of Noctua CPU coolers* can obtain the NM-AM4 Mounting-Kit free of charge via -----> read more ---> https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nm-am4-mounting-kit

Free kits are only for those with original receipts. But they can be purchased later separately.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
32 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Free kits are only for those with original receipts. But they can be purchased later separately.

If I have it, but it's from +2 years ago.. Should it be valid?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xvaster said:

If I have it, but it's from +2 years ago.. Should it be valid?

Yeah. They require one for cooler and one for mobo.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×