What accessories should I get for the Wii

AndreiArgeanu

I'm looking into buying a Nintendo Wii, mainly because I haven't really played anything else Nintendo other than some NES games that I played quite a while back. Also the console is so cheap, easy to home brew and has GameCube compatibility. The Wii model I am looking to buy is on of the original models (not the ones standing on the side) which has a wii mote plus as well (no price difference between it and the wii without the wii mote plus).

Looking at it there just seem to be an overwhelming amount of accessories and I am not sure which would I actually need.

Here is what I considered for starters:

Wii Official Nunchuck

Wii Racing Wheel

Wii Official Classic Controller

Total: 9.50£

I don't think I need a balance board because I'd imagine only the fitness focused games use it. I have also seen a Value Wii Sports Accesories Pack, might pick it up considering it costs 0.50£.

Anything else I should consider getting for the Wii?

I’m going to choose “another two spare Wii’s for parts”

I remember reading an article here that Nintendo stopped stocking spare parts for Wii’s because they could no longer be gotten. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Nunchuk is a must, but I'd skip the wheel. I heard that thing sucks for Mario Kart. One thing I'd highly recommend is a Gamecube controller. Those black Gamecube controllers Nintendo released with Smash for Switch back in December 2018 are great. I bought one then and use it to play Gamecube games on my BC Wii. What's awesome about that specific Gamecube controller is the cable is around 10 feet while original Gamecube controllers only had about a 6 foot cord.

Nunchuk, GameCube controller and I would spend a little bit extra on a Class Pro controller, over the normal Classic controller.

Just more comfortable (imo).

Of course you will want a GameCube memory card some time when you decide to play some GC games.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Classic Controller Pro

GameCube Controller

GameCube memory card

SD card, at least 4GB

Wii Remote Plus, if not that, then at least a Wii Remote with a Wii Motion Plus.

Nunchuk 

Wii Wheel if you really want it.

Balance Board is used for more than just Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, it's also used in Wii Sports Resort.

At least a couple of used, in good condition, disc drives.  For when the disc drives eventually go out.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.