So APPARANTLY an ISP here has Fibre Optics in Rome...

Jobobee

So Fastweb claims that they have great Fibre coverage in Rome, with speeds up to 100mbps... I decided to see how many places I could find that were actually covered...

I started by trying random addresses in the centre, no luck. Then I pulled up a map that shows the coverage of the random areas.. I tried multiple addresses in the green areas (That they claim have 75-100% coverage).. Nada... Then I find a map on Google Maps that someone made with a few houses covered... I find 1 that's covered!!!! None of the other ones on the street, just the one!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Fastweb, on your GREAT Fibre Optics coverage... 

Vodafone is next...

Why not call them and ask what areas are covered?

I've done that, they said "We don't have a list, but I had someone ring me today and he was covered!! His CAP (ZIP) was 00161"

I've done that, they said "We don't have a list, but I had someone ring me today and he was covered!! His CAP (ZIP) was 00161"

Strange.

Their sales department should be able to help you, if they cant then I wouldnt use that ISP tbh.

So Fastweb claims that they have great Fibre coverage in Rome, with speeds up to 100mbps... I decided to see how many places I could find that were actually covered...

I started by trying random addresses in the centre, no luck. Then I pulled up a map that shows the coverage of the random areas.. I tried multiple addresses in the green areas (That they claim have 75-100% coverage).. Nada... Then I find a map on Google Maps that someone made with a few houses covered... I find 1 that's covered!!!! None of the other ones on the street, just the one!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Fastweb, on your GREAT Fibre Optics coverage... 

Vodafone is next...

Italian here too.

Fastweb isn't a really good ISP, had some friends who used it and they didn't find it so reliable on the 20mb/s offer.

In my area there's no fiber, but i'm guessing it would be difficult to have in Rome, with all the historical pieces that are found in every hole in the ground lol.

We'll have fiber in maybe 10 years if we're lucky.

To who is not italian: we have the same internet connection as the australian bros, maybe a little faster in some areas.

Italian here too.

Fastweb isn't a really good ISP, had some friends who used it and they didn't find it so reliable on the 20mb/s offer.

In my area there's no fiber, but i'm guessing it would be difficult to have in Rome, with all the historical pieces that are found in every hole in the ground lol.

We'll have fiber in maybe 10 years if we're lucky.

To who is not italian: we have the same internet connection as the australian bros, maybe a little faster in some areas.

I think I might get the Telecom 30 Mbps option. I used to have Fastweb and it was decent, but not great.