back up software?

Los Serpent

i need a android back up software form android to pc, to  backup everything, apps, media etc... (free)

2 minutes ago, Los Serpent said:

i need a android back up software form android to pc, to  backup everything, apps, media etc... (free)

just copy them manually via usb

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Just now, Srijan Verma said:

just copy them manually via usb

lol, copy apps contacts and app data manually, right 

You can always use ADB backup, using the Android SDK until it gets deprecated by Google for some insane reason. (though it doesn't save everything...)

https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/how-to-backup-restore-android-device-data-android-basics/

Then there's TWRP, but that doesn't save your personal files (like pictures, videos and other things like that... it does save most of everything else like your apps, texts, contacts and all that shit)

Android also has a built-in backup feature, that will save things like your SMS, contacts, app data, settings and call history to your google account.

... Do you see a pattern here? Most of the free ways, don't save everything. Because no one in their right mind want to save everything on a regular basis, hence why you could just run one or more of these solutions and manually backup your personal files after.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You can always use ADB backup, using the Android SDK until it gets deprecated by Google for some insane reason.

https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/how-to-backup-restore-android-device-data-android-basics/

Then there's TWRP, but that doesn't save your personal files (like pictures, videos and other things like that... it does save most of everything else like your apps, texts, contacts and all that shit)

Android also has a built-in backup feature, that will save things like your SMS, contacts, app data, settings and call history to your google account.

looking for a simple and fast software, twrp requires you to mod the recovery... hisuite is grate, but huawei only...

besides i'm pretty sure ADB can't recover to a new smartphone can it?

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

You can always use ADB backup, using the Android SDK until it gets deprecated by Google for some insane reason. (though it doesn't save everything...)

... Do you see a pattern here? Most of the free ways, don't save everything. Because no one in their right mind want to save everything on a regular basis, hence why you could just run one or more of these solutions and manually backup your personal files after.

dr.fone saves everything... so does hisuite. but hisuite is huawei only, and dr.fone doesn't work on this phone for some reason

13 hours ago, Los Serpent said:

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious and something you've already considered, but what about the cloud? My backup can be accessed on my PC anywhere I can sign into my Google account and it has everything on my phone. Do you just need something that you can view your stuff on your PC or what? I'm not sure what your end goal is for this backup.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, Stylized_Violence said:

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious and something you've already considered, but what about the cloud? My backup can be accessed on my PC anywhere I can sign into my Google account and it has everything on my phone. Do you just need something that you can view your stuff on your PC or what? I'm not sure what your end goal is for this backup.

my end goal is to have all my data if my phone gets lost or is broken... and i want to be able to restore EVERYTHING, apps too. hisuite works grate but it's huawei only

14 hours ago, Los Serpent said:

my end goal is to have all my data if my phone gets lost or is broken... and i want to be able to restore EVERYTHING, apps too. hisuite works grate but it's huawei only

Have you ruled out the cloud then? It restores my apps, contacts and just about everything else. Maybe it misses a ringtone or a wallpaper but the important stuff is there. Is there any reason why that wouldn't work for you?

8 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Have you ruled out the cloud then? It restores my apps, contacts and just about everything else. Maybe it misses a ringtone or a wallpaper but the important stuff is there. Is there any reason why that wouldn't work for you?

what software do you use for that?

15 hours ago, Los Serpent said:

what software do you use for that?

Well I use my Google account and set it to simply backup my stuff to the cloud. On my phone it's in the Settings under Accounts. In there are all the options where I can choose what to sync to the cloud (contacts, calendar, messages, phone calls, etc). 

6 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Well I use my Google account and set it to simply backup my stuff to the cloud. On my phone it's in the Settings under Accounts. In there are all the options where I can choose what to sync to the cloud (contacts, calendar, messages, phone calls, etc). 

too little space tho, only 15 gb, not an option, i got about 100gb of stuff....

8 hours ago, Los Serpent said:

too little space tho, only 15 gb, not an option, i got about 100gb of stuff....

Well then, can your phone support an SD card? You could move all your high capacity stuff (pics, movies, etc) to the card and backup the smaller things to the cloud. If you don't have an SD card, you can pick up a flash drive that can plug into your phone and accomplish the same exact thing. I picked up a USB-C flash drive that's 256GB for like $30.

16 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Well then, can your phone support an SD card? You could move all your high capacity stuff (pics, movies, etc) to the card and backup the smaller things to the cloud. If you don't have an SD card, you can pick up a flash drive that can plug into your phone and accomplish the same exact thing. I picked up a USB-C flash drive that's 256GB for like $30.

that like a time wasting process for no reason.... there is planty of apps that back-up everything. i used hisuite and dr.fone, but they don't work on this phone. that's why i was asking in the first place, to see if anyone has experience with similar apps....

13 hours ago, Los Serpent said:

that like a time wasting process for no reason.... there is planty of apps that back-up everything. i used hisuite and dr.fone, but they don't work on this phone. that's why i was asking in the first place, to see if anyone has experience with similar apps....

Then I wish ya luck. For the record it's not time wasting; you'll spend the same amount of time backing up that amount of data to an app compared to external storage. But to each his own, I hope you find what you're after.