Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
huilun02

Dedicated amp RCA outputs

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a JDS Atom on the way. Normally headphones would just use the front 1/4" port. But then there is the RCA outputs on the back.

Anyone know if those outputs are amplified as well? Or are they just pass-through signal from the DAC? Do they only function when nothing is connected at the front?

Thanks.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Lauen said:

according to the website they are preamp outputs, meant to go into another amplifier for speakers. they should be activated automatically when you unplug the headphones, also according to the website. 

Ah. So its just pass through from the DAC. Tks!

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.