My steam account stolen (twitch streamer)

yes....i know iam dumb.

<content removed by staff>

this stream scams people..

when you go to the website for free skins it says log in to your steam account, i logged in and........1 minute later 3 emails received.(attachment photo)

i just wanted to share this and if you want report that channel pls thanks. \

i did try to talk with support team of steam but ye normal mail stuff..i have to wait now. at least (i think) i locked my account after stolen from the emails. idk

ltt.png

Edited by SansVarnic
Removal of Content and Photo Edit

38 minutes ago, lopj245 said:

click the link lol and restore it

i cant, password changed, email changed, and it says account locked, i filled a form and iam waiting :)

ltt.png.39baa5386c717d7e2c1fa3a7f6e36b92.png

Edited by SansVarnic
Photo Edit

And that's why you shouldn't log onto your steam account from any random website you find online, even if it's advertised by some streamer.... Heck especially if it's advertised by a streamer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

And that's why you shouldn't log onto your steam account from any random website you find online, even if it's advertised by some streamer.... Heck especially if it's advertised by a streamer.

true, learned my lesson. first i was thinking of being fake but i random clicked like steam store and it was directing me to official website..bamboozled

You better remove the link to the scam site ASAP. Good luck retrieving your account, hope you learned a lesson here^^

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

For now, other than waiting, maybe report the link to Google
https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en
So that it may be blacklisted.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Cemil2565 said:

true, learned my lesson. first i was thinking of being fake but i random clicked like steam store and it was directing me to official website..bamboozled

It's not the official website at all - they're merely pulling images & other content from Steam's Akamai Technologies hosted CDN and mirroring the exact same login page, complete with stylesheets and everything. Pretty typical phishing scam that could be avoided in the future if you right-click the page, choose Inspect Element, and review where the content is being loaded from. Looks like the pubgshmon website is also using Steam & Humble Bundles trademarked logos without permission.

image.thumb.png.ed978952452db36f48f68acbf3dc1db0.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

53 minutes ago, Cemil2565 said:

yes....i know iam dumb.

when you go to the website for free skins it says log in to your steam account, i logged in and........1 minute later 3 emails received.(attachment photo)

i did try to talk with support team of steam but ye normal mail stuff..i have to wait now. at least (i think) i locked my account after stolen from the emails. idk

<snip>

43 minutes ago, Cemil2565 said:

i cant, password changed, email changed, and it says account locked, i filled a form and iam waiting :)

<snip>

38 minutes ago, Cemil2565 said:

Apparently not, I made adjustments to your photos to better protect your privacy.... I suggest you take better precautions in the future before posting certain things publicly.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Cemil2565 said:

yes....i know iam dumb.

ltt.png

This place is also using CloudFlare SSL, so you might want to report it there and get them shutdown that way as well

https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse/form

On 2/1/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cemil2565 said:

yes....i know iam dumb.

I just wanted to add to this, if you've reused your password for steam anywhere else important, like email, bank, or otherwise, you should be sure to change all of those passwords as well.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:08 AM, NovaNightmare said:

I just wanted to add to this, if you've reused your password for steam anywhere else important, like email, bank, or otherwise, you should be sure to change all of those passwords as well.

yep i did that thx for including it :)