Best apple-like keyboard

hipmusicman

I personally love apple keyboards for typing and we use some at work on a couple $300,000+ machines and they make quick work when typing commands on them. The simple tactile feedback they give is the best part.

I really want an apple keyboard at home for my computer but I have a PC and I don't want to spend that much money on a genuine apple keyboard.

Are their any apple-like keyboards that have scissor-switches with the same tactile feedback the apple keyboards have for much cheaper that are more PC friendly? 

I found these 2 so far that look good:

Macally Ultra-Slim USB Wired Computer Keyboard for Apple MacBook Pro/Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Windows PC Laptops/Desktops and Notebooks - Plug and Play - No Drivers - Space Gray (ACEKEYSG) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVLDQLT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gWDnEb78QYXY8

BFRIENDit Wired USB Keyboard , Comfortable Quiet Chocolate Keys , Durable Ultra-Slim Wired Computer Keyboard For PC , Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista , KB1430 - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075CFV9BR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RWDnEbC0Q8NT5

I mean, if you install the Bootcamp keyboard drivers a real Mac keyboard will work fine and only a few keys get remapped. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Logitech might have something.  They made their bones doing apple 3rd party stuff back in the day.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

32 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I mean, if you install the Bootcamp keyboard drivers a real Mac keyboard will work fine and only a few keys get remapped. 

55 minutes ago, hipmusicman said:

I really want an apple keyboard at home for my computer but I have a PC and I don't want to spend that much money on a genuine apple keyboard.

I've considered both but I'm not sure what logitech keyboards exist that come close 

49 minutes ago, hipmusicman said:

I've considered both but I'm not sure what logitech keyboards exist that come close 

There may not be any.  It was all I had though.  Macally and Logitech used to be the two brands that did apple products.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

For Logitech I use the G915 and it's absoulty awesome but it's a $250 keyboard and a legit Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad is like $150.

Now, if we are comparing the two you listed I would go with the Macally as they've been around a while and used to make Apple keyboards whereas the bfriendit just seems cheap. With Amazon you can buy, try it and if it's crap just return it so really there isn't much reason not to get both and return the one you don't like.

I personally believe many times you get what you paid for so I would suggest that if you really like the Apple keyboard get that instead of looking for cheap copies.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-wireless-collaboration-keyboard

HP quality for half the price of a Mac keyboard. 

I tried most of the mac like scissor switch keyboards. Anything sub $50 is not worth it. HP collaboration is at work, K740 at home. Have tried K800, MS Surface, Mac Magic, the old Thinkpad (not lenovo) standalone keyboard.

I will look into the macally. The Hp looks kinda nice too. If there's a store around that I can play with the Hp, that could be an option. Of course worse case scenario, I try to find a used old apple keyboard. From what I'm reading, they are better than the new magic keyboard. Plus I know I like the old ones since that's what we have at work. 

So I ended up going with the HP 600 wireless. It's got the right feel. A little flimsier than an actual Apple keyboard but it definitely fits the build. Thanks for your help guys.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, _thomas said:

shame this is such an old thread - can highly reccomend the Matias keyboards for exactly what you want

https://www.matias.ca/products/

Threads have a way of being useful to someone at some point.  OP can’t be the only person to have this issue.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Threads have a way of being useful to someone at some point.  OP can’t be the only person to have this issue.

yeah, i figured i'd share the tip as i also had the same need in the past :]