Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Otonel88

HIgh-end wireless gaming heaphones

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys.

I currentlly have a Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro wired headphones and I would like to get seel them and get something wireless. I am really happy with how thees sound and also with the weight of thees headphones, so the confort is quite good. Is there anything that sounds just as good but is wireless and has a microphone? 

The SteelSeries Arctis Pro looks to be quite decent, but not sure how they sound in comparison to the DT 770 Pro and also they seem more heavy, so not sure on the confort side.

Any opinions on this, or suggestions on other pair of headphones?

Probably won't sound as good but tics all the boxes . The Sennheiser GSP 670 

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

A guy I work with also has Beyer DT770's and bought the SteelSeries Arctis Pro because he also wanted something wireless. He claims he can't hear the difference between the two. 

but this is also the man who has not once complained about the sound quality in the work car, which is pretty trash. I'd also suggest the Sennheisers, heard a lot of good about all the new Sennheiser gaming stuff. 

New favorite song, sit back and enjoy.

reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

my FX8320

Will have a look at Senheiser, but for starters I don't like to alien look of the Sennheiser GSP 670 

1 minute ago, Otonel88 said:

Will have a look at Senheiser, but for starters I don't like to alien look of the Sennheiser GSP 670 

3 minutes ago, Lauen said:

A guy I work with also has Beyer DT770's and bought the SteelSeries Arctis Pro because he also wanted something wireless. He claims he can't hear the difference between the two. 

but this is also the man who has not once complained about the sound quality in the work car, which is pretty trash. I'd also suggest the Sennheisers, heard a lot of good about all the new Sennheiser gaming stuff. 

I fogot to quote. my reply above

I am actually considering going or at least trying the Audezze Mobius, or the Hyper X cloud orbit, which apparently uses the same driver as the Audezze but its a bit cheaper because of the materials used.

12 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

I am actually considering going or at least trying the Audezze Mobius, or the Hyper X cloud orbit, which apparently uses the same driver as the Audezze but its a bit cheaper because of the materials used.

th emobius has latency problems.. pretty sure the cloud orbit is supposed to be a cheaper mobius

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

What is your max budget you want/can spend on?

That Sennheiser GSP 670 looks terrible and extremely ugly. I wanted to get the Mobius too untill rice guru recommended me different one.

But, if you really want/need it wireless and want one that sounds like the DT770, why not keep it? There are bluetooth adapters and I'm pretty sure there are bluetooth adapters with a mic too. Fiio should have them, maybe the BTR5? Or EarStudio ES100 or Avantree GS70. Finding one that sounds like the DT770 and doesn't look retarded will be very difficult.

7 hours ago, CTR640 said:

What is your max budget you want/can spend on?

That Sennheiser GSP 670 looks terrible and extremely ugly. I wanted to get the Mobius too untill rice guru recommended me different one.

But, if you really want/need it wireless and want one that sounds like the DT770, why not keep it? There are bluetooth adapters and I'm pretty sure there are bluetooth adapters with a mic too. Fiio should have them, maybe the BTR5? Or EarStudio ES100 or Avantree GS70. Finding one that sounds like the DT770 and doesn't look retarded will be very difficult.

I think I might do just taht, get a bluetooth mic.

Not all w/l headphones have latency issues (I know BT models have it) but the Creative SXFI Theater doesn't have this issue at all. I have one, and I use it for watching movies, that room feel sound is just awesome for movies.

Rig 1: AMD AM4 R9 3900X (12C/24T) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 4x 8GB XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4 3200 | PowerColor RX VEGA 64 Red Devil | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD + 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Leopold FC660C + Logitech G703 | OPPO HA-1 + Philips Fidelio HTL9100 | Acer XR341CK 21:9 Freesync | 64bit Win10 Pro

Rig 2: Intel i7 3960X (6C/12T) | Asus R4E | 16GB Corsair Dom Plat 2133mhz | Leaadtek GTX1080 Hurricane | iFi Micro iDSD BL + Samsung HW-K651 | Caselabs M8 | Corsair HX-1050 | Leopold FC660C + Logitech G502 | Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 | 64bit Win10 Pro

HTPC Rig: Intel i7 4770K (4C/8T) | MSI Z87 G45 Gaming | 16GB RipJawsZ 1600mhz | Gigabyte RX EVGA64 Gaming OC | Tt View 31 | Enermax 1500 MAX Revo | Logitech G613 + G603 | Panasonic 65" UHD TV | 64bit Win10 Pro

3 hours ago, Lauen said:

why are looks even something you consider? won't you just be sitting in your room playing video games anyway? you won't be looking in a mirror all day. 

I don't like flashy headphones. Like my PC setup it has to be 'clean' :)