Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

What is this? why is it happening?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

ok I just tried that, the problem is still happening, HELP

Try going full screen rather than windowed borderless, in some older-ish game I have known it to cause weird performance issues 


Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Crosshair VIII hero  -  Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB@3.2GHz -  Strix 1070Ti  -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  Lian Li PC-011D  -  H100i RGB Platinum SE  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  PNY OC GTX 1060 3GB- XFX Ghost HD 7770 -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Fractal Design Define C  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro  -  1TB Hitachi@7200RPM   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Constantin said:

8GB is really low for gaming today, i wouldn't be surprised if this was the cause.

Well its Far Cry 4, which isnt really "New" so 8gb of dual channel ram would be enough when it came out (2014). And that GPU should also be able to handle the game fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, InfinityVive said:

ok I just tried that, the problem is still happening, HELP

Ale your drivers are up to date, yes? I have old pc with very similar specs but the game works decently on it, so it must be something software related.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GrockleTD said:

Try going full screen rather than windowed borderless, in some older-ish game I have known it to cause weird performance issues 

I just tried that, I also tried enabling v-sync, I also tried changing resolution, PLEASE HELP!

btw, can the monitor be the reason of the problem? I am using dell 1908 FP

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DankDeuxez said:

Well its Far Cry 4, which isnt really "New" so 8gb of dual channel ram would be enough when it came out (2014). And that GPU should also be able to handle the game fine. 

At low settings with this rig yes, i could....


CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Ale your drivers are up to date, yes? I have old pc with very similar specs but the game works decently on it, so it must be something software related.

My drivers are adrenaline 2020 20.2.1, so yes, they are up to date...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Constantin said:

At low settings with this rig yes, i could....

I have an old machine with pretty much the same spec, it runs far cry 4 decently at medium settings without any problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

My drivers are adrenaline 2020 20.2.1, so yes, they are up to date...

Maybe your pc is doing something in the background?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, InfinityVive said:

it is not...

You are sure or just guessing? Could you maybe screenshot the task manager? Some people who have more than 8 gigs or ram, me included don't close browsers wihen gaming, you are not doing that obviously?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

You are sure or just guessing? Could you maybe screenshot the task manager? Some people who have more than 8 gigs or ram, me included don't close browsers wihen gaming, you are not doing that obviously?

I closed the browser, I tried closing rainmeter, I tried everything to limit background process, here's a screenshot of the process after I closed the game and launched chrome and rainmeter back:

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I closed the browser, I tried closing rainmeter, I tried everything to limit background process, here's a screenshot of the process after I closed the game and launched chrome and rainmeter back:

 

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

 

How old is your hard drive? Maybe it's the cause? Not very likely, but take a look because there is much to look at left. Few times for me similar problems were cause by dying drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

How old is your hard drive? Maybe it's the cause? Not very likely, but take a look because there is much to look at left. Few times for me similar problems were cause by dying drive.

my 500 GB driver is 2 years old and my 1 TB driver is 4 years old, Also if you are going to ask me about how full the drives are, Here's a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

my 500 GB driver is 2 years old and my 1 TB driver is 4 years old, Also if you are going to ask me about how full the drives are, Here's a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Your partitioning is interesting...

But I was thinking more about smart values of your drives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Your partitioning is interesting...

But I was thinking more about smart values of your drives.

I just tried minecraft, it even has the same problem, WHY??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I just tried minecraft, it even has the same problem, WHY??

If I knew I would've told you already. Your problem is odd. Look at the health of your drives, other than that not really sure what could be the cause. I would try poping in another gpu just to check if it's the cause but I figure that might not be possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Constantin said:

At low settings with this rig yes, i could....

i got a r3 2200g 

dual channel 8gb 2133mhz (upgrading to 16gb 3000mhz tomorrow)

xfx rs rx 480 4gb

and i could run Far cry 4 at like high settings 60fps

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, noxdeouroboros said:

If I knew I would've told you already. Your problem is odd. Look at the health of your drives, other than that not really sure what could be the cause. I would try poping in another gpu just to check if it's the cause but I figure that might not be possible. 

And can the PSU be the cause?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, InfinityVive said:

And can the PSU be the cause?

Unlikely.

Again, check your hard drives health, I had similar problems with dying drive. Download HD Tune and screenshot health tab, it's free to use for 15 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

So I am having a problem with stutters in games on my PC, mostly when I move around Objects while my camera is aimed at them I see that the object and the background around it is shaking left and right... I will upload a video of how it looks like in Far cry 4, But the problem here is that MSI afterburner does not show these stutters at 1% lows or 0.1% lows and my FPS is above 60 all the time... so what can be causing my problem? Here's my PC full info...

 

It is the classic Dell Optiplex 7020, But with a 24 pin to 8 pin adapter so that I can use a standard PSU... It has these specs:

FSP 500w 60APN PSU 6 pin GPU connector module (used)

Core i5-4590

8 GB RAM dual channel

XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB OEM-pull (that OEM version that comes with a weird IO shield and without a backplate)

Dell 1908FP Monitor running on DVI at 75 Hertz

1x WDC WD10ezex-00bn5a0 HDD, And 1x  ST500DM002-1BD142 HDD (both are doing clicking sounds)

 

Now here's the software information:

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit build 1909

AMD Adrenaline 20.2.1

 

So ye, there are some solutions I tried, Including:

Installing a whole new windows - Trying older AMD drivers - Putting game to windowed mode - Turning on Triple Buffering - Turning on AMD anti lag - Turning off V Sync - Changing screen resolution - Putting games to bare minimum settings - Changing refresh rate - Changing input method to a PS4 controller for smooth camera movement - Turning off Radeon Chill - Turning off HDCP support in the driver options - Trying a different HDD...

 

  I know my problem seems odd, but it's happening, And I need help, Please help me fix this problem...

                                                                                                                                 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Gremlin_FLG said:

Most likely your psu not giving enough volt to the card? Have you tried reducing the game graphics quality to low?

Yes I tried reducing graphics... look at "solutions I tried"... Also the GPU is running at stock core voltage and stock core speed, so how is that reason?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vsync enabled?


| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, muito_gostoso said:

those hard drives .... nvme is a must now

Excuse me, I don't use my PC as a work station, I use it for gaming, also at that point the assets were already loaded into RAM so my HDDs can't be the reason (I guess)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×